Need some recommendation for USB sound card
Jul 14, 2013 at 9:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

mike8188

New Head-Fier
Hi, currently, I'm using Goldring DR150 and a hippo cricri amp, they're good, but I'm not satisfy with the original sound card from my Acer laptop, I'm considering to get a external USB sound card, and my budget is around $50, prefer those with a little bit of bass booster. Thanks.

Jul 14, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:
Hi, currently, I'm using Goldring DR150 and a hippo cricri amp, they're good, but I'm not satisfy with the original sound card from my Acer laptop, I'm considering to get a external USB sound card, and my budget is around $50, prefer those with a little bit of bass booster. Thanks.

Try the Steelseries Siberia V2 usb soundcard.

Jul 15, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #4 of 8
What will you use the sound card for?

Jul 17, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #5 of 8
Hi, thanks for replying my threat, I couldn't find any store that selling Steelseries, as for Xonar Essence One, I did some research and it's out of my budget though it looks so tempting, what about Xonar U3? Is it good? I'm ok with U3 price. 

The sound card is used to replace my Acer laptop sound card as I don't find it good even though I'm playing with flac file, and there's some minor problem with my audio jack of the sound card, and sometimes it really drive me crazy with the 'hiss hiss' sound produced.

Jul 17, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #8 of 8
Never see any of DAC destroyer around here, guess even if I want to buy it I will have to buy it on eBay and cost me a lot of have it ship to Malaysia, Fiio E07k, might consider that but it cost RM360 (retail price from Jaben) which is around $120, have to wait for one month so that I could get some extra money for it, hahaha...thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back