Need some Photo-fi help
Mar 11, 2005 at 6:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

saab

500+ Head-Fier
I got a Fuji S3000 from my wife, while she was still my girlfriend a while back. I am wondering if anyone can give me a recommendation for a lens to do better macro shots. It has an adapter ring to add on additional lenses.

fuji_finepixs3000.gif

You can learn a bit more about the camera here if you wish.

Thanks for any advice.
-John

Mar 11, 2005 at 8:46 PM Post #3 of 6
Right, I have done this. I am just wondering if there is a lens that would allow me to get in closer.

Thanks for the reply
-John

ps. I think that the adapter is 55mm or something like that. It looks like this when used

140139b.jpg

Mar 12, 2005 at 4:01 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

I've never tried a front mounted close-up lens but I have seen really good pictures taken with the Canon and Leica versions.

Not all close-up lenses (actually, they're more like filters in appearance) are created equal. Most are simply some sort of magnifying glass and the quality isn't really great. However, you mentioned Canon which makes a close up lens (filter) which consists of two pieces of glass and which I've been told does work quite well. They are the 250-D and 500-D. The "D" stands for Double lens. They cost more than a regular close-up adaptor. Canon also makes a single lens non-D version as well, but it's the D version you'd want. I have a couple of macro lenses but have just ordered a 77mm Canon 500D from e-bay as a an easy-to-carry quick macro fix for the Nikon tele-zooms I usually have on my cameras.

However, I'm not sure these adaptors would work properly on a lens that already focuses down to 3.9 inches. You may want to try one out at a store before committing.

Check THIS link.

THIS e-bay listing (for a 500 not 500D) also has a good review in it.

PS: Looking at the photo of the filter adaptor for your camera, I'd be tempted to leave it on at all times. Looks like it would protect your lens from bumps, dirt and rain somewhat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back