Need some opinions (BEATS HATERS GET OUT)
Dec 25, 2010 at 10:17 AM Post #91 of 101

Quote:
I've always wanted to damp a pair of Beats, especially because every pair I've tried had the cups literally rattle, which is a sign of shoddy plastic and damping. It'd certainly tighten the bass up if it had a nice treatment of dynamat or something. Cutting out the grill in front of the driver would probably let the mids and treble free too.

You void your warranty. And with that cracking headband and loose screws, you can't afford to lose your warranty.

Dec 25, 2010 at 10:50 AM Post #92 of 101

Quote:
Quote:
I've always wanted to damp a pair of Beats, especially because every pair I've tried had the cups literally rattle, which is a sign of shoddy plastic and damping. It'd certainly tighten the bass up if it had a nice treatment of dynamat or something. Cutting out the grill in front of the driver would probably let the mids and treble free too.

You void your warranty. And with that cracking headband and loose screws, you can't afford to lose your warranty.

I'm not insane enough to try that on a new pair!
eek.gif
I'd buy a broken headband pair on ebay, but they seem to be going for over $100 still...

Dec 25, 2010 at 10:52 AM Post #93 of 101

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

eek.gif
I'd buy a broken headband pair on ebay, but they seem to be going for over $100 still...idiots.

You could probably find a fake pair of Studios. Reports say that they sound about the same as the real deal.

Dec 25, 2010 at 11:21 AM Post #94 of 101

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

eek.gif
I'd buy a broken headband pair on ebay, but they seem to be going for over $100 still...idiots.

You could probably find a fake pair of Studios. Reports say that they sound about the same as the real deal.

Not too hard to admittedly. And they're still $150ish. As opposed to my fake ESW10JPNs which were $25 and made of actual wood. (Using them as donor phones) Not cool.

Dec 27, 2010 at 4:26 AM Post #95 of 101
You have it completely wrong,

In the candy store, everyone likes chocolate.
There's this one guy who loves chocolate so much, all he wants is more chocolate regardless of the quality of it
Everyone tells him - "You have too much chocolate, so much that it overpowers the taste of everything else"
"YOU JUST HATE CHOCOLATE WWAAAAAH"

Quote:
If that's your admission that head-fi is full of bass haters, then I concur. 
The reason your analogy fails in the broader sense, however, is that head-fi is not a "bass hater" site. 
It's a general headphone site that happens to have a large bass hating readership.

The distinction is subtle.  Maybe you'll grasp it; maybe not. 
Here's my final attempt at an analogy:
This is a candy store.  Most people here like hard candies, but there are a few chocolate lovers.
The hard candy people tend to dominate the discussion.
Bob, chocolate lover, wants an opinion from other chocolate lovers. 
Bob tries to pre-empt the hard candy people from weighing in.

Flame bait?  Hardly.
But there's a word for people who might suggest that it's flame bait:  intolerant.

I did the bidding of someone who intended to troll?  Maybe.
That really isn't the issue though, is it?
Because the original question, troll intent notwithstanding, could be a reasonable one. 
Therefore, what is actually germane to the issue is: 
why isn't it okay for a chocolate lover to solicit other chocolate lovers' opinions? 

Quote:
What would you call if it you asked a bunch of yankees fans about the red socks? This is only inviting a heated response, and is commonly refered to as posting "flame bait"  

Dec 27, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #96 of 101

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

eek.gif

Not too hard to admittedly. And they're still $150ish. As opposed to my fake ESW10JPNs which were $25 and made of actual wood. (Using them as donor phones) Not cool.

Monster B-Stock has them foor $150, not actually a terrible price to be honest.

Dec 27, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #97 of 101

Quote:
You have it completely wrong,

In the candy store, everyone likes chocolate.
There's this one guy who loves chocolate so much, all he wants is more chocolate regardless of the quality of it
Everyone tells him - "You have too much chocolate, so much that it overpowers the taste of everything else"
"YOU JUST HATE CHOCOLATE WWAAAAAH"

Who cares if that's what he likes? Let him have all the chocolate he wants!

I mean I own and very much enjoy my XB500's does that make me a Chocolate addict? I mean it has Xtra Chocolate, it has so much chocolate the person who was naming it was being rattled out of his chair and made a typo on the name, that's a lot of chocolate!

Oct 25, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #98 of 101
Well in all truth I would say the Beats by Dr. Dre suck. but that depends all on the kind you get. For the love of all holy,DO NOT GET THE TOURS. In fact i just happen to be wearing a pair at this moment. They sound too muddy. what u want is the pros, or the executive. Earbud beats are not what u want. Dont get studios either cuz all thats special about them is they vibrate. <(o_0<)<(0_0)>(>0_o)> yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back