Need some new trance albums.
Aug 19, 2004 at 5:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

AuroraProject

Headphoneus Supremus
So my trance collection is getting kinda old and boring, I need to liven it up a bit. I prefer the Orbital/Oakenfold/Van Dyk styles, any suggestions?

Aug 19, 2004 at 8:41 PM Post #2 of 56
Oakenfold came out with a mix 2-CD set on the 10th called "Creamfields". Might be worth checking out.

Also released on the 10th was Orbital's Blue Album, their last CD. It can't be true!!! :p

Aug 19, 2004 at 9:12 PM Post #3 of 56
Try a few of these.
Satoshi Tomiie: "Nubreed" Global underground
Sasha: "Involver"
Sasha & John Digweed: Any of them.. But the "communicate" album rocks
Armin Van Buuren: "A state of trance 2004" and 004"Transparance"
Max Graham: "Shine"
Sandra Collins: "Cream" or "Perfecto Presents"
Christopher Lawrence: "United states of Trance" and "Trilogy pt. one Empire"
Seb Fontaine: "perfecto Presents" and "perfecto presents:: Horizons" I also like the prototype series.
D:FUSE: "Psychotrance 2000" and Psychotrance 2001" "progressive Mix session 1.0"
I like all of the Nubreed series from Global Underground, and pretty much everything else from them. Have fun!
icon10.gif

Aug 19, 2004 at 9:55 PM Post #4 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr
Oakenfold came out with a mix 2-CD set on the 10th called "Creamfields". Might be worth checking out.

Also released on the 10th was Orbital's Blue Album, their last CD. It can't be true!!! :p

How the heck did I miss a new Oakenfold cd? Thanks for the heads up!

Aug 19, 2004 at 9:56 PM Post #5 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
Try a few of these.
Satoshi Tomiie: "Nubreed" Global underground
Sasha: "Involver"
Sasha & John Digweed: Any of them.. But the "communicate" album rocks
Armin Van Buuren: "A state of trance 2004" and 004"Transparance"
Max Graham: "Shine"
Sandra Collins: "Cream" or "Perfecto Presents"
Christopher Lawrence: "United states of Trance" and "Trilogy pt. one Empire"
Seb Fontaine: "perfecto Presents" and "perfecto presents:: Horizons" I also like the prototype series.
D:FUSE: "Psychotrance 2000" and Psychotrance 2001" "progressive Mix session 1.0"
I like all of the Nubreed series from Global Underground, and pretty much everything else from them. Have fun!
icon10.gif

Thanks for the suggestions, I've just ordered quite a few of these!

Aug 20, 2004 at 3:17 PM Post #6 of 56
Do you want suggestions other than trance? I don't listen to much trance, but have a few good suggestions for other electronic music.

The new James Zabiela - Renaissance ALiVE is amazing. It has elements of trance, breakbeat, house, tech-house...well just about everything. He's pioneering a new sound on the electronic front. "Sounds in Motion" is also good by Zabiela. As you can tell, I kinda like this guy. Sasha was right to take him under his wing.

Tom has some good taste in electronic music. My personal opinion -- I would steer clear of Pyschotrance 2001. But 2000 by D:Fuse is one of my favorites. Just my take.

Look into NuBreed for more of a progressive sound. Danny Howells NU is my favorite. Try to check out his 24:7 GU mix. Disc 01 is amazing. I agree with Tom, most everything from the GU (k7 boxed) catalog including NuBreed, 24:7, and SASHA are worth checking out.

Check out the new Tyrant - Fabric 17.

Some suggestions mentioned in this thread will help you explore what lies outside trance.

Aug 20, 2004 at 4:31 PM Post #7 of 56
Globa Underground Rejavik (spelling ) -Nick Warren.
Teisto - Revolutions .................Anthing by Tiesto actually
BT- Ima
Oakie- Great Wall
GU -Sasha -Ibiza
Way out West -Intensify
Sasha- Involver............ I know it has been metioned but deserves a second
Hernan Cattnereo -The masters series Renaissance
Hybrid -Wider Angle
Astral Porjection -loads of CD's
Spongle- All Cd's
Paul Van Dyk -The Politics Of Dancing ....... One of the best trance CD's ever
Gatecasher - Black
Gatecasher - Red
Gatecrasher -Wet
Gatecrasher - Discotech

Global Underground Series is Very Good

JohnDigweed & Co worth a listen each artists is slightly different

Off to see Sasha Eric Morillo and Tall Paul tomorrow in a field in the middle of London.... Oh Happy dayz

Aug 20, 2004 at 5:00 PM Post #8 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Rubble
Off to see Sasha Eric Morillo and Tall Paul tomorrow in a field in the middle of London.... Oh Happy dayz

Lucky bastid!

I saw Sasha in NYC, Involver Tour. He dropped some breakbeat you couldn't beleive. Have fun

Aug 21, 2004 at 2:39 PM Post #11 of 56
I'm really enjoying Infected Mushroom's "B-P Empire" in my rotation now.

Aug 22, 2004 at 6:35 PM Post #12 of 56
Picked up the new Oakenfold and new Christopher Lawrence CDs today. Both worth owning. Also got a copy of the new Sasha Involver on VINYL!!! Cant wait to check this out when my new turntable gets here later this week. I have the CD already and its very good.

Aug 23, 2004 at 12:21 AM Post #13 of 56
I picked up Oakenfolds "Creamfields" & "Great Wall" today, & I ordered D:Fuse "Progressive Mix Session 1.0" since no one has it nearby. I'm enjoying "Great Wall" right now.

Aug 24, 2004 at 10:32 PM Post #14 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject
I picked up Oakenfolds "Creamfields" & "Great Wall" today, & I ordered D:Fuse "Progressive Mix Session 1.0" since no one has it nearby. I'm enjoying "Great Wall" right now.

Damn, going to pick these up. I saw creamfields at best buy today but it was 20$ ... whew..! I am going to "download" it first and see if I enjoy it, but given your response to this and the other cds, I am pretty sure I'll like them (you have almost the same tastes I have).

I'd suggest some hybrid... either Wide Angle or Morning Sci-Fi.
[edit:] damnit barney! I love hybrid. =)

Aug 24, 2004 at 11:18 PM Post #15 of 56
I like the new Creamfields CD, but If your going to get some Oakenfold there are others that I think are better. "Perfecto Presents: Another World", "Perfecto Presents: Travelling", "New York:007GU" and the "Tranceport" CD. These are my favorite Oakenfold CDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back