Need some new, reasonable in ear headphones
Mar 1, 2009 at 11:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

KKSlider1337

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone.

I have a pair of Sennheiser PX100's and they're brilliant. However, they obviously leak sound like mad and so I also need some in ear headphones for quieter surroundings.

I was using Goldring GX200's, which used foam seals which were very comfortable and good at isolating sound, but the treble on them was ridiculously harsh to the point it was unbearable on my iPod unless I used one certain equaliser setting - loudness. This was very annoying so I'd like to avoid this in the future. The GX200's have broken after only 2 months of use
frown.gif

I've used my brother's MDR-EX082 I think they were, pretty cheap Sony headphones that came with his MP3 player and were surprised with how good they were, especially compared to the stock iPod headphones which I loathe.

I listen to metal and hard rock generally - heavy stuff like death metal, metalcore, some black metal. I like quite a bit of progressive metal, Opeth, Agalloch, Burst, Cynic etc. etc. and also faster, more aggressive stuff. Would I be right in thinking bass is less of an issue for me and the quality of the treble and midrange is more important?

So I'd be very grateful if someone could recommend me some in ear headphones suitable for my purpose and listening habits that are the best bang for their buck - I can't afford to be spending too much, my PX 100's were only £15 and the GX200's £17.99 (Although I'd spend a bit more than this). Quality is of a reasonable concern to me but obviously I'm not expecting musical bliss at this price point.

Thankyou very much in advance.
normal_smile .gif

Mar 2, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #3 of 5
Also should mention, I've had a good look around the site and a lot of headphones recommended aren't really available over here in the UK. So something that's available on a site like Play.com or Amazon.co.uk would be nice, thanks.

Mar 2, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #4 of 5
Hi, what's your budget? my suggestion to you if you think the PX100 are "brilliant" try some of the new Senn IEM's (ie. IE6?), my guess they should better the PX100 hands down (personally I could not stand the PX100).
take sometime to read the forum - tonnes of info on IEM's, enough to get your wallet in a spin heh
popcorn.gif

Mar 2, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #5 of 5
A combination of Animal Crossing and stereotypical leetspeak...interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back