Need some new more feminine headphones for outside wear
Oct 7, 2012 at 10:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

lunah

New Head-Fier
Hey all :D
I bought my first headphones a couple of weeks ago, Beyerdynamic dt770 pro 32 ohms and i am really happy with them :) Using them for gaming and music at home. But the thing is im feeling that those are a bit masculine and big for me for outside wear, (im a girl) and I would like some thats more suitable for airports/bus ++ (yep i feel kinda stupid with the beyers :wink:)

I dont need AS GOOD sound as the beyers, but i would like a bit better than porta pros.
Whats important:
-ok sound.
-feminine looks, would like pink or white :)
-MINIMUM sound leakage!!!

Been looking around for pink headphones but the only thing ive found is Dr dre studio and urban ears. The studios would be ok for this use if it wasnt for the sound leakage and the annoying sound reducing issues ive read about. How is the urbanears?? Was also looking at the ATH m50 when i was buying my beyers, cause you can have them in white which doesn't stand out AS MUCH as the ones i bought, but those are probably still a bit heavy for use on the buss/airports etc.

Helpie help? :D

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #5 of 11
Those??
http://v-moda.com/crossfade-lp-custom/

199 isnt that bad :O

How is the sound leakage on those? And how is the sound compared to my beyerdynamics?

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #6 of 11
I bought some Skullcandy Aviators for a friend. I like their sound and I don't think they're too masculine for girls. They have an understated cool, imo, and despite sticking for a set of headphones, they sorta blend into your outfit depending on what you're wearing.

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #9 of 11
Oct 7, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:
Thanks for all the help, guys
smily_headphones1.gif
How is the v moda m80 compared to my beterdynamic dt 770 32 ohms SOUND wise?
biggrin.gif

The M-80s have a nice, natural sound. It's warm, balanced, and not at all offensive. My favourite out of all the V-Modas. Compared to the Beyers, they have admittedly less bass (punch, impact, depth), but the midrange is more forward, being smoother and warmer as well. Treble is more laid back compared to the Beyers as well.

The white M-80s look even nicer in person! A creamy, elegant white. Quite stylish, if I do say so myself.

Another option would be the Audio-Technica ESx series, they look phenomenal. A lot of girls have them here, it seems to be trending or something. Can't complain, as they sound good as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back