Need some new IEM's, $100-200 dollar price range, Neutral sound would be great!
Apr 30, 2014 at 11:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mrlolftw

Head-Fier
So I bought some VSONIC GR06's last year as per recommendation from Head-Fi, and unfortunatly, today they passed away, story is below if anyones interested. Anyway, I need some new good IEM's, with a pretty Neutral sound signature. I'm thinking the Rockit R-50 or maybe the VSONIC GR07 because I would really love a sonic upgrade!

Story on how they broke!

So yesterday I get home from uni, got driven. Its 7pm and its dark as all hell outside, plus its raining. I walk out of the car to open the gate, headphones dangling, and somehow they fall onto the ground and I didn't notice. I live on a pretty busy street too, anyway, walk indoors and can't find my trusty GR06's (loved these bastards) but assume their left somewhere and i'll find them in the morning. Anyway, i go to sleep, and i can hear the torrential rain that's going on outside (which just makes getting to sleep easier haha) 

The next morning, I wake up and I'm doing some homework, when my Mum runs into my room and says; "Mrlolftw, look what i found on my morning walk!" And what do you know, its my GR06's, which she apparently found on the side of the road. A car had driven over the Right earpiece, completley shattering the case, and they had been left out in the rain for the entire night. Also the jack was pretty dinged up. I'm feeling pretty salty about this, but decided to try and superglue the casing back together, if just maybe they might work. Plug them into my phone and start playing some music, Both drivers blasted sound! They work! Sort of... Not really. Its very quiet, even at 100db, still sounds like its at 20db and the left ear is louder then the right, but both drivers work after being exposed to that kind of abuse, which I thought was definitely pretty cool! And now its time for an upgrade, so I'd love it if you guys could help me out, 

Thanks!

May 2, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #3 of 3
RE-400 or some Etymotics, though the Etys might be hard to get used to at first due to their deep insertion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back