Need some new headphones, but which ones should I get?
May 1, 2005 at 10:37 AM Post #256 of 283
For god's sake azure, buy something. Its like watching a person about to bungie jump. They keep claiming its gona be awsome but they're too afraid to jump. I think you need a shove or something... are cattle prods fatal to people?

tongue.gif

May 1, 2005 at 10:42 AM Post #257 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone
For god's sake azure, buy something. Its like watching a person about to bungie jump. They keep claiming its gona be awsome but they're too afraid to jump. I think you need a shove or something... are cattle prods fatal to people?

tongue.gif

listin to the man! buy something and u'll know everything about it

May 2, 2005 at 2:49 PM Post #258 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny12
listin to the man! buy something and u'll know everything about it

On the other hand, I'd like to see Azure keep the suspense going a little longer -- we're exactly six weeks away from this thread's one-year anniversary.
very_evil_smiley.gif

(But seriously, you can talk about it forever, but you're never going to know what it's actually like, and what you really want, until you take the plunge on something. You may not like your first headphones, you may not keep them, but at least it gives you a reference point to work from, and you'll have a much better idea what your own tastes are like. Without that, it's all just pilpul.)

May 2, 2005 at 2:59 PM Post #259 of 283
This thread needs to be locked, if azure can't find his answer looking through the last couple hundred posts... any additional posts aren't gonna change that.

May 2, 2005 at 3:28 PM Post #260 of 283
Azure, i respect your carefulness in spending your cash but you seems to over do it. Why don't you get 2nd hand hd555, hd555 is a better choice than a500

May 2, 2005 at 3:38 PM Post #261 of 283
Azure, check the meet forums. If you live in an area near any of the upcoming meets (a TON of them happening this summer) I highly recommend you come and binge on all the cans you can get your hands on. In one day your ears will inform you of more than all of our prose could in a year.

May 8, 2005 at 2:31 AM Post #262 of 283
I just thought of something: How does old the music of the old 8bit/16bit sound on high quality headphones? I also plan on playing a lot of old NES/SNES games, but they didn't exactly the best sound quality back then, right? How would it sound on the A500s? Also, I downloaded some songs from a few SNES games (.spc format, if that means anything) and winamp told me that they were 16kbps! Problem?

May 8, 2005 at 7:01 AM Post #263 of 283
BUMP

(I just want to make sure that I don't run into any problems once I get the headphones so that the new experience will be perfect)

May 8, 2005 at 9:22 AM Post #265 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok
Omega II.

Can't go wrong with Omega II.

Slightly better soundstage than A500.

But what about the Orpheus? Wouldn't that be a wiser choice?

rolleyes.gif

May 8, 2005 at 9:27 AM Post #266 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
BUMP
(I just want to make sure that I don't run into any problems once I get the headphones so that the new experience will be perfect)

Chances are it will not be perfect, regardless of how much research and subjective feedback you get. The only way you'll know for sure is to buy it and try it out yourself in your environment, listening to the music you like or playing the games you have...besides that's a part of the fun of the hobby really.

Also there is a FS forum here where you can buy used. While it's definitely necessary to get feedback to make an informed and educated purchase, you'll ultimately have to just take the plunge. If you don't like it, sell it back to the FS and you're out the shipping and paypal fees and maybe marginal depreciation...small price to pay really for a couple of weeks of fun trying out something.

May 8, 2005 at 11:03 AM Post #267 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
But what about the Orpheus? Wouldn't that be a wiser choice?

rolleyes.gif

Yes, that will be even better. buy orpheus instead. one for bedroom and one for living room.

Jun 1, 2005 at 2:04 AM Post #268 of 283
A500s have landed...
a500slanded.jpg

Now the hard part: Waiting till Friday when finals are over to finally listen to this new audiophile sound...
frown.gif

Oh and by the way: Today is May 31, 2005; this thread was created June 13, 2004. That means I got the headphones in less than a year
tongue.gif

Jun 1, 2005 at 2:08 AM Post #269 of 283
HOLY **** YOU FINALLY BOUGHT HEADPHONES
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Jun 1, 2005 at 2:23 AM Post #270 of 283
holy moly!!! yours is the first wallet I dont feel too sorry for.
biggrin.gif

screw finals!!! youve waited long enough!!! bust em out and headbang while studying

Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back