Need some music source/ audio help.
Nov 11, 2013 at 10:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kamikaziH2Omln

100+ Head-Fier
You don't realize what's good, till it's gone.

Okay, so to put in perspective, I used to run a setup portably, of Heir Audio 3.ai's, iPod Touch 3rd Gen, and Fiio E07K "Andes" with a LOD. However, in my recent trip to NYC, things got... lot in translation. Needless to say, it is lucky that some lucky bugger now has my E07K. It's funny, because you don't realize the initial change, nor do you remember the difference it made until it's gone, and damn, I wish it wasn't gone. But what's done is done, and I got to move on, so, thus my question. 

I am very tempted to get myself the Fiio E07K again for a holiday gift for myself, however, as I have IEMs and not power hungry Headphones. I was contemplating the necessity of a new AMP/ DAC itself, or whether a sufficient new media source would do. I have very good control of my music library, so switching over from iTunes shouldn't be a problem. In addition, having one good music source rather than two would be fantastic. I always eyed the Cowon J3, however, they haven't made those in a while, and I felt "lost" in the other Cowon products, not hearing much from the community like the J3 was received. I might be eligible for a phone upgrade in the near future, but I'd like something on par if not "superior" to the E07K.

TL;DR
My Fiio E07K disappeared in NYC. I want a good audio chip to pair with my iPod or just get a new media player all together if it has a fantastic audio chip almost equal to, or better than the E07K.

Thanks!

~Kami

Nov 15, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #3 of 4
I'm using the E17. For me, I don't find much difference in SQ when paired with my GS3. Probably you should check out the Fiio X3.

Nov 18, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #4 of 4
The X3 is definitely up there on my list. I've heard of the Rocoo P as well as well as the Basso DX50 and the Cowon X9. There is honestly a ton to choose from, and I can't decide! I also hear about some rumors about a Fiio X5 as well. Oh the choices, the choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back