Need some more help deciding.
Sep 10, 2006 at 6:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

xelion

Head-Fier
well I've made a few threads before, but it seems almost no one replys to mine
frown.gif
But I was looking for some help.

I have about $300 max to spend, but I was looking to spend closer to 150-200.

I was looking at the ER4P's a while back, but then I was thinking maybe my ears wouldn't be able to tell the difference between those and the ER6i's, and plus the ER6i were cheaper(I like cheap) But I was also looking at the beyerdynamic DT990 from that B&H website, that seems to be a great deal, how would those sound?

So, DT990 (pro?) ER4P(P to S conversion cable probably in it's future) or ER6i's.

I was also planning on getting the stuff to build myself a Cmoy, and I'll hopefully understand that well enough to build myself a Pint in the future. I'll use the headphones with my stereo receiver hooked into my computer, or with my Creative Zen Xtra mp3 player.

Thanks for any help.

Sep 11, 2006 at 2:37 AM Post #3 of 6
If the DT990 seems a great deal then I say go for it.

Alternately, if youre really this unsure, you could buy a headphoen from the trade forum, if you dont like it, you can sell it on for a similar price and try something else. Youve really given nothing in your post to indicate what sort of sound you might be after so its difficult for anyone to give you a recomendation.

Sep 11, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #4 of 6
Sep 11, 2006 at 2:50 AM Post #5 of 6
There is quite a difference in listening experience between supra-aural, circum-aural, intra-aural listening. Is there any particular audio presentations/aspects (e.g. isolation, soundstage, warm bassy) that you look for?

What musical genre(s) are you planning to listen to?

Sep 11, 2006 at 2:54 AM Post #6 of 6
ahh people responding
smily_headphones1.gif
Well I said it all in a few other threads before and no one answered still, but anyways:

I'm looking for just a good sound, i'm new to high end headphones, so I just want something that will make me go 'wow'

I listen to mainly rock/metal also a lot of classic rock. I listen to a lot of Pink Floyd, so a good soundstage would be nice. Ted Nugent, Led Zeppelin, Megadeth, System of a Down, etc.

I know the IEM's and the DT990 are different styles but I'm not sure if I should get the IEM for my portable use, or get the 990 now with it's great deal and get the IEM's later.

I'm also not sure if I do get the IEM's, if I shoudl get the ER4P or the ER6i, how much better do the ER4's sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back