Need some help.
May 3, 2023 at 3:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

The Jackal 44

New Head-Fier
So, I make music, and I was wondering if some of you really high end setup users could do me a tiny favor.

I released a new song with a 32 bit float bit rate, and at 192khz. I know that this can cause artifacts in the music, so I was wondering if a couple of you could simply listen for artifacts. The reason that I did it this way, was that I liked the extra depth that it gave.

You can access it here: https://distribute.avid.com/share/MTAwMDAwNTk1Nzc4

When I distribute it to, Apple play etc... they typically just use the MP3 as opposed to the .WAV file, so that is where my real concern comes in. Did the high bit rate being down-sampled cause any artifacts?

Thank you in advance. I will re-release it with changes in anyone finds something of note.

May 3, 2023 at 7:17 PM Post #2 of 5
I checked both versions on Qobuz and using a Topping A30Pro/D30Pro and Truthear Zero IEM's I couldn't hear any artifacts or difference between both versions. Using the ASIO driver so it played each at the right rate. With this combo I could hear the F-bomb being dropped as the first thing said before the music starts in the Chain by Fleetwood Mac. I could hear you moving in the chair while playing, but no artifacts...

May 3, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #3 of 5
I checked both versions on Qobuz and using a Topping A30Pro/D30Pro and Truthear Zero IEM's I couldn't hear any artifacts or difference between both versions. Using the ASIO driver so it played each at the right rate. With this combo I could hear the F-bomb being dropped as the first thing said before the music starts in the Chain by Fleetwood Mac. I could hear you moving in the chair while playing, but no artifacts...
Haha, stupid chair! I have the Manley Cardioid Condenser microphone, which is known to pick up mouse farts, but it still takes the high end gear to really pull those subtleties out on the listeners end. I use the Q701 and Schiit Asgard with the multibit to mix, but I wondered what I wasn't hearing. I record on the best equipment available, but do my listening on "good enough for me". So thank you honestly for the input!

May 3, 2023 at 7:57 PM Post #4 of 5
I just got the Letshuoer S12 IEMs plugged in a minute ago, even more detailed. If you really want to hear everything they are amazing. A Topping L30 II/E30II on optical will be plenty for them, and such a silent noise floor you'll hear everything without breaking the bank.

May 3, 2023 at 8:46 PM Post #5 of 5
I just got the Letshuoer S12 IEMs plugged in a minute ago, even more detailed. If you really want to hear everything they are amazing. A Topping L30 II/E30II on optical will be plenty for them, and such a silent noise floor you'll hear everything without breaking the bank.
I started out with a Topping D30, and was happy with the quality of the Topping for the cost. I would love to do some in ears like yours, but I just don't think I could get used to it. The inside of my ears start to hurt really badly with the solid type ear plugs, so I just haven't tried the in ear headphones other than cheap ones on flights. Are yours comfortable for extended periods?

I have to say, that there is a massive amount of data and nuance in this song, so I am excited to hear how it comes across on different setups.

I will admit, I nearly fell off my chair, when you mentioned hearing my "chair" and not piano bench or something. The piano is super high end, but it is indeed a chair...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back