Need some help/suggestions HD650 vs DT880
Mar 9, 2015 at 10:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Chrgnthru

New Head-Fier
I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I'm trying to decide hopefully in the next hour or two about which cans to go with. I just sold my HD600's which were great but just lacked any type of meaningful bass for me. So they had to go. I loved everything about the cans just wish they had some good bass. I listen to a lot of hip hop, rock, scores, i'm everywhere really so I need a good all around headphone. I've looked and looked at reviews comparison's and honestly I still can't figure out which pair would work best for my situation. I'd like to figure this out asap as Amazon appears to be having a sale on headphones at the moment. DT880's are about 250 and HD650 are 290. I also need my next can to be pretty solid for gaming, while I do have a Sennheiser Game One headset I only use it when I need a mic. The HD600 was pretty darn good at gaming.

I'm also considering just scrapping the idea of getting new can's altogether and using those 300 dollars I got for the HD600 and add a little bit more to get the Audioengine A5. In this setup i'd use my Game One's for gaming and my AT M50's for music. At times this route seem's like the best route simply because I just don't have the time to sit and enjoy my music, but when I do get a hour or two to do that it's really nice having a good set of cans. I've got a Asus Essence STX in my PC which is what I use to do any music listening. Unless I plug the ipod into the "home theater system". Any help or info is apreaciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back