Need some help please!!!!
Mar 5, 2007 at 6:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

wisehybred

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, need some help deciding on some headphones. Let me first say that I am some what new to headphone listening and have been an avid music listner for years. Myself, and three gentlemen own and operate an audio/video store in Temple, Tx and deal mainly in the area. We are Sennheiser dealers and have been so for years. Only until now have I gotten into the arena of headphones. We sell products like Bowers and Wilkins, Paradigm....yada yada yada. Well, to the point,
I listen to tons of classical music, and tons of hard rock (Tool). I am in a little bind as I mentioned before we are sennheiser dealers, because I want the best headphone that I can get and would like to purchase something from the sennheiser line, mostly because I can get them at cost, but want the best for the types of music that I listen to.
Now, I have listen to the 595's and I have to say from what I heard, thought they were blah.... I was using a yamaha RXV-2700 straight from the front jack, some Tool (10,000 Day's). They sounded good but was not too impressed . Now, I know and didnt have an headphone amp, but these were really the first higher ends cans that i have listened to.
I was thinking about the HD-600 based on what a co-worker has, and other reviews I've seen here. I also have ways of getting Audio Technica's as well as AKG's for a little cheaper than retail...so these are not out of my options.

Any help would be greatly appriciated
-Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back