Need some help picking...
Oct 6, 2011 at 1:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

rexdog101

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I'm trying to decide on some headphones. I think ive somewhat decided on the Monster Turbine gold though i will take any other suggestions. im currently looking on amazon and have come across two models.

what is the difference if any of you know and why is one significantly cheaper?

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Turbine-Audiophile-Speaker-ControlTalk/dp/B002NTPLXM/ref=lh_ni_t

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Turbine-PRO-High-Performance-Speakers/dp/B002EL4RIE/ref=pd_cp_e_pw_4

thanks for your help,

Aditya

Oct 6, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #2 of 6
The cheaper one has a mic which is compatible to use with phones. Normally that is the more expensive model, but with amazon, prices can be different. Miced versions have been none to have a bit more issue than the non miced one though. 

Apart from that, they are 100% identical in terms of sound.  

Oct 6, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #3 of 6
Any other ones in the same price less than $200 that would be as pleasing?

Oct 6, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #5 of 6
I listen to literally everything! Haha I have made it kind of a hobby to have a library of music to cover it all.

Also idk if it helps but I love the sound of my HD 600s and the klipsch speakers.

Thanks!

Oct 6, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #6 of 6
In that price range, I think that the W2 are similar to the HD600. The closest I've found to the HD600 are actually the W4, but if you're just looking for a good portable earphone and already have a decent set up at him, the Westone 2 could be a great choice for you. I think the W2 has a frequency balance similar to the HD600. It does everything well and nothing wrong; perhaps its weakness is that its bass is a little flabby and treble could have a little more tingle, but so could the HD600 (IMO). If you want a dynamic driver instead of a balanced armature, I'd consider the GR07, though that is from hearsay and not from actual experience.

You can buy the Westone 2 now from Earphonesolutions w/ the coupon code AMPD for $200 including shipping. You also get a little Fiio E6 amp, which is a very descent amp, for free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back