Need some help from you pros on here.
Dec 18, 2014 at 2:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pinkfloyd1173

New Head-Fier
Hi guys need some help with my gaming set up for the ps4. Well I just bought a pair of Sennheiser's G4me Zeros and the 2gen astro mixamp pro. Well they sound good but I know that the astro mix amp does not produce enough power for the senn's, since they are 150 ohms and the astro mix amp produes I think 32 ohms per channel.

So I am wondering if I get another amp to use with the Astro mix amp if that would help make these Senn's really shine.

So what other amp would you guys recommend to use with the astro mix amp and how would I go about hooking it up to my ps4. I also have to use the mic too, so I am kind of confused on how I would go about setting this up guys.

Thanks for your help guys.

Dec 18, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #2 of 3
Hey

Had the same issue here. I solved it by connecting my g4me zeros to Asus Xonar u3 wich goes in to one of the usb ports on the ps4. I havnt tried the Mic yet ingame but I do get signal in the ps4 menu where you adjust the wolume. The u3 is a cheap usb soundcard originally for pc but worked with the ps4. Now I havnt tried the headsets with other solutions than with the u3 so dont know if I'm missing out on sound quality,but the volume is not an issue, I play with a bit more than halfway to max and that's loud imo.oh and the nice part,it supports up to 300ohm headset.

The one problem is that you can't get surround sound out of it and you can't hear your own voice in the headset when using the mic. Maybe you know how to get the Mic monitor feature?:)

Hope this helped!

Dec 18, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the reply man, I have read that if you use this device fiio e17 would work with astro mix amp, and you will be able to use the mic and surround feature that the astro mix amp has. I am still trying to find some who has tried this set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back