Need some help finding the right headphones
Oct 3, 2011 at 9:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

RaptorFuel

New Head-Fier
Hi,  I'm trying to find headphones to use on my computer with an ASUS Xonar Essence STX sound card.  It can handle headphones with up to a 600 ohm impedance.  Budget is around $300-400.  I'm in a small quiet office so I think an open can would be best. I'm looking for something that will sound great with rock and metal but I also listen to a bit of everything.  They will also be used to watch movies and occasionally video games so good imaging is a plus.  I have B&W C5 bookshelf speakers and they sound clear but I think their a little too bright and lack body.  So basically I'm looking for headphones that are clear and have a nice full sound to them and work well for everything.  I like having some base,  good balanced base but I defintly want some.  I know there's nothing that is perfect for everything (at least at this price point anyway:).  Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

Oct 3, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #2 of 2
Heya,

Fischer Audio FA-011 (bassy), FA-002 (neutral)
BeyerDynamic DT990 (bassy)
Sennheiser HD600 (neutral), HD650 (bassy)
Hifiman HE-300 (neutralish)
Ultrasone HFI 2400 (bassy)

By the way there is something that is literally perfect for everything, it's the Denon D2000 in that price point. I'd put you on it, I only mentioned the above since you said "open" and also just to give you options. Ultimately, I'd put you on the D2000 though for your needs. It covers all ranges, has incredible low end bass, but doesn't lose out on its mids or anything in the process.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back