Need some help finding the right headphone
Jan 9, 2007 at 6:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Terr0r

New Head-Fier
i dont know if this is the right place to ask it but i need help picked headphones. basically i'm looking for headphones that are really good for listening to IDM (a type of electronic music that i compare as the equivalent to jazz), which in my opinion needs three things:

it has to have a crisp and clear sound
it has to have enough bass so you can feel it (that doesn't 100% rely on a perfect fit i.e. shure's)
***it has to have a very good low range of sound***

can anyone recommend me a pair of headphones that fufill my needs? if theres something portable that can do this that would be ideal, but most in ear headphones dont fit me that well (bose triport IE's dont stay in, apple's basic headphones fit perfectly). if its a big set of cans then thats what they'll be, i just want to know whats right for me

any help is appreciated

Jan 9, 2007 at 6:50 PM Post #2 of 7
What kind of source would you mostly be using? And if you end up going for cans, would you prefer open or closed cans?

That may be your best option. From what I understand, most IEM's will rely at least somewhat on the seal to get the correct sound, especially bass.

Jan 9, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #4 of 7
I think the K701 sounds fantastic with IDM: Great soundstage/space, detail and resolution and extremely clear. They are, however, open headphones and for many around here, light on the low end. Worth a listen at least.

[EDIT] Looks like you added your sources... without an amp my recommendation goes down the toilet.

Jan 9, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #5 of 7
What's your budget? V-moda vibe is great with electronica, and an iem that you should have no trouble getting a fit with, especially portable, thats $100. There are more expensive full-size options too though. Also is isolation an issue? Cause sennheiser hd595 can be considered similar in sound signature to akg k701, but without the need for amplification.

Jan 10, 2007 at 9:11 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Terr0r /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my budget is like 200, MAX, preferably 150. if the v-moda vibe's DONT fit in my ear, is there anything i can do about it (i.e. send it back)?

Risk Free Guarantee

V-MODA prides itself on quality. Our 30-day, in-home audition guarantees your complete satisfaction.

http://shop.v-moda.com/pc-18-2-vibe.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back