Need some help choosing IEMs
Jan 10, 2009 at 5:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Cartman2000

New Head-Fier
I know that there have been many of these threads around, but I hope you guys can give me a little help. I'm looking for some IEMs to replace my current ATHCKM50s, and am currently looking at a few choices..

1) Westone UM1
2) Ultimate Ears SF3 Studio
3) Ultimate Ears SF5
4) Ultimate Ears SF5 Pro

You may notice that most of my selections are UE products; this is because for the money I am willing to pay, I find that only Westone and UE products are of satisfactory quality IMO. My local dealer only carries FutureSonics, Klipschs, Etymotics and Jays products that fit my budget. I have tested all under 300SGD and have narrowed it down to these 4. May I have some opinions on these phones, and how they perform? I'm looking for something that has just enough bass, not too anemic like the Etys or too heavy like the FS M8s. Mids are high priority. Trebles should sound at the very least passable. I would have bought the UM1s if the trebles didn't roll off..

Also, which products are the most value for money? SF5 Pros were my original choice but they are extremely expensive. Any help will be appreciated thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back