Need some fullsize phones, please help!
Feb 10, 2010 at 6:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Guidostrunk

Headphoneus Supremus
Well i'm ready to take the next step and buy full size. Right now I'm really digging the sound of my TF-10s through my p-51 Mustang from my Sansa Fuze. I love the sound sig of the TF-10 and am looking for something that resembles that in a full size phone, maybe with a little more forward MIDS. I would be willing to spend between $200 to $300 dollars for a pair of new phones. hopefully something the Mustang would be able to power without straining it and the potential of not getting the full sound of the phone because of lack of power. There are so many brands out there it makes my head spin. What i have been looking at though is the Grado 325i and the K701/702 but have no idea if these are even close to the sound sig of the TF-10. For those who have never listened to the TF-10, it has a lot of bass impact to it ,a nice wide soundstage kinda 3D'ish ,and detailed and crisp highs, though the mids do seem resessed or maybe just not forward if that makes sence, it seems pretty balanced across the spectrum, with a little hint of warmth. Thats the best way i can describe what I'm hearing. Well i will gladly appreciate all the info i can get from you guys.... sorry and girls.
biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2010 at 10:39 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by loopfreak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Think that akg k702 are 'phones for you. You'll need better source to enjoy them....

I'am not very sure on the Bass kick with the K702, the SR 325is will definitely get you there, your requirements for a full sized headphones are pretty basic and I personally feel the Grado's will be your friend
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 10, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #5 of 7
Perhaps one of the Grados ( 225 or 325 ) or even a Beyer Dt770 (closed) or 880.

Feb 11, 2010 at 1:58 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by bbryann /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are you looking for portable ones though?

Not really looking for portable because i have the TF10 for that, just the best SQ for my price range with the TF10 sig. thanks

Feb 11, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #7 of 7
I have AKG K701 headphones.It sounds great, better than my Grado SR60 even plugged from a porta amp. I suggest you to consider this K701 if you have a budget of around $600. K701 is around $300 and another $300 for a desktop amp. This might give you a very big upgrade from TF10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back