Need Some Exciting Headphones!!
Jun 22, 2012 at 4:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

HeadFiManiac

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for headphones that are under $200 that have exciting bass... not necessarily accurate. In particular, over the ear closed cans that isolate sound well and have a big thump bass yet don't recess the mids or create screechy highs would be preferable.

Any suggestions?

Jun 22, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #3 of 9
Kilpsch Image One's might do the trick. Small/ portable over ear, decent isolating. Quite classy looking. Very pronounced thumpy bass that was a bit much for me. I think they are pretty cheap on Amazon.

Jun 22, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #4 of 9
Sony XB700>=HFI-580 Both sound great, both are bass monsters, and both have more than just a lot of bass going on for them.

Jun 22, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:
Thanks for all the replies! 
Has anyone tried the original VMODA Crossfade lps? They are $100 on amazon and I saw Tiesto wearing them.

Yes, I own them. They are not terrible. Their strong points are the build and looks. They are quite recessed in the midrange and the highs lack sparkle. If I were you, I'd fork over an extra $60 for the V-80. They're much better, and often compared to the Senn HD-25.

Jun 22, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #7 of 9
I will definatly get the m80s rather than the lps now... But my only concern is that I heard rumors of the m100s coming out soon. If the m100s are not similar to the m80s Im curious if they are better than the Sony MDR-XB700 or the Klipsch Image ONE.

Jun 22, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #8 of 9
The M100s have a July 4th release date (Stated by Val, their CEO). So it's not far off. They are going to be more accurate and neutral than the LP/LP2. They're in the same lineup as the M-80, so they most likely will have a very similar sound. Though, they are going to retail for $300. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back