Need some car speakers upgrade recos, preferible coaxials (5x7/6x8 type)
Nov 29, 2008 at 10:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Sovkiller

Proved that despite its huge size the CD3000 can be shoved down one's throat.
As title says, I'm into upgrading my new car speakers, as logic indicates and following our lack of common sense in this hobby, the car was purchased with the audiophile package...LOL...A real joke, there is nothing more appart from that, as the speakers are not even coaxials, and not even have a dedicated tweeter, they are usual ovals 5x7 - 6x8 cathegory...I do not want to go into replacing or modifying too much, just a plug and play substitute that will work decently...period. Well we have also a sub in the back, and I may need four of them, as they are mounted on each door...

I was doing some research and narrowed my options to a few of them, they should be around 60mm deep:

DLS 457 or the DLS257
Morel coax Tempo
Boston Acoustics SL80
Focal 570CA1

Not sure what others may be as good, any reco will be really appreciated...

thanks

Nov 30, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #2 of 4
Nobody???

Dec 1, 2008 at 2:03 PM Post #3 of 4
I'll bite. I just got out of car audio myself and got into headphones, my wallet does not forgive. Anyways I'll suggest to you a great brand to stick with: Hertz. I don't know about your availability but they make the best sounding speakers I've heard and they cover all price ranges. Right now I have their 6.5" components 6x9's and 2x of their 10" subs in a sealed box. I feel i can increase the volume to insane levels because the quality is still there without distortion.
I've listened to Focals and I have found they are very versatile in that the lower end models can run pretty good off of the stock head unit. Do you plan on adding an amp at all?
I have not listened to any of the other brands you have named though, hopefully someone else can list their thoughts on them.
Hertz is made by audison, check them out, their "mille" subs are breathtaking also, so if you want bass deeper than the bowels of hell, check them out. For amps, can't beat alpine and audison, I've had the best experience with those.

Dec 1, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for the reco, I will look into those also, no amps just the stock headunit, I'm looking into a little improvemnt of the sound, as the stocks are really bad, I heard yesterday about Image Dynamics another brand that is taking some reputation among the car audio enthusiasts...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back