Need some camping gear
Jun 18, 2006 at 5:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

fishtankfish

100+ Head-Fier
So summer is here and i need to stock up on a few camping items.

Can anyone recommend a good store for camping gear. i.e. good selection and/or good prices?

Thanks

Jun 18, 2006 at 5:59 PM Post #2 of 9
online store or real store?? Where are you at?

Jun 18, 2006 at 6:38 PM Post #4 of 9
This place had a great deal on some Mountain Hardwear gear in the winter: http://hiltonstentcity.com/

i think I picked up a Sub Zero SL parka for around $214. Depends if you want good higher end gear though.
Campmor is also good.

Jun 18, 2006 at 6:50 PM Post #5 of 9
Sierra Trading Post and Campmor are both great discount stores but don't have the best selection of gear. I shop at REI.com, Backcountrystore.com, and Backcountrygear.com. These stores seem to have the widest selection of both ultralight/expedition/weekend warrior backpacking and camping gear.

I just picked up a Sierra Designs Lightning tent from Backcountry Gear last month for the summer backpacking season so I'm all good
biggrin.gif

Jun 18, 2006 at 8:15 PM Post #7 of 9
Did you have Costco where you live? My girlfriend and I recently fully outfitted ourselves for camping, between Costco and Canadian Tire. We found that if they have it, Costco prices are way cheaper than anywhere else we looked for a comparable item (we bought a tent, screenhouse and auto-inflating air mattress there).

Jun 18, 2006 at 9:07 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
online store or real store?? Where are you at?

Preferrably in store i suppose so i can look at it before i purchase. I am in Columbus, Ohio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back