Need some amping help and tips
Apr 11, 2013 at 7:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Boosh96

New Head-Fier
Alright, so I'm thinking about getting a pair of Grado SR60i cans and maybe a pair of Logitech's UE600 earphones. Naturally I'm going to test both headphones before I purchase them, but that's really kind of my hypothetical wish list. I guess. Anyway, would I have to purchase a separate portable amp for each pair, or what exactly? Are there certain amps that go better with specific headphones and genres of music? If it helps, I listen to almost only classic rock, and I like a strong and clean bass response with clear, natural vocals and good clear mids and highs and stuff. Any help would be GREAT.

EDIT: I have a Samsung Galaxy SIII that I'm planning on hooking up to my hypothetical amp. I guess I'm not gonna do a big stationary rig just for home.

Apr 11, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #2 of 2
For these headphone you don't really need an amp, even more on an SIII, because of the lack of line out. But there are many sorts of amps, some offer just more volume, other offer more space, dynamic, presentation, color... but it necessites to have headphones which could do that, an amp make not alone the work. With a SR60 and a UE600 a little amp could offer more space, extension, color... But I advise you to use a line out although it is not an obligation to use an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back