need some advice
Dec 14, 2004 at 10:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

justi

Head-Fier
I am looking to purchase a new portable rig and am not sure what I want to get. I was thinking about a karma or a 20g 4G iPod or maybe even a zen micro or a iPod mini (however I do need battery life). I also want to get a decent set of earbuds, I've considered so far the mx500, mx550(even though I am in the US and it looks like they are only in the UK but I may be wrong) and those are all I've looked at so far. I had a 2G 10GB iPod before and I sold it because I wanted something newer and better sounding. I didn't mind the size of my 2G iPod but I did not like the battery life or sound quality (I used the stock earbuds
rolleyes.gif
) . I don't know what was going on but it was brand new and the battery seemed to always be going dead on me. Anyways, please post some suggestions even though I know questions like this have been asked a trillion times
cool.gif
THANKS!

p.s. I am open to all suggestions for my situation just don't make the player and earbuds together over 400 please
icon10.gif

Dec 14, 2004 at 11:05 PM Post #2 of 11
Besides the battery life it would probably be good to say what you didn't like about the iPods sound, to triangulate.

If bass was a concern, I'd recommend against the MX500, but otherwise I think it's a great value for the money and I sometimes reach for them over other much more expensive phones.

That said, I like the Koss KSC35s even more. They are near SR60s quality. Overall the 35s deserve their rep.

As for players, until I know what you didn't like it's hard to suggest others, but it may be worth waiting to see what Apple introduces in four weeks at Macworld.

Dec 14, 2004 at 11:08 PM Post #3 of 11
well I thought what I didn't like about the iPod's sound was basically from the earbuds because when I plugged in my HD570's (even with the low volume) it sounded pretty amazing. and now that you say the 500's aren't bassy I will throw them out of consideration
biggrin.gif
but I absolutely loved the sound I got out of my iPod with my 570s, just it was too low in volume and they are open so they bugged people around me
eek.gif

Dec 14, 2004 at 11:21 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by justi
whats IC? ( I'm new
biggrin.gif
)

Interconnect, like a mini-mini cable to connect the iPod to the amp.

Dec 15, 2004 at 1:51 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by lostprophet
Isn't there a Zen MP3 player that has 20 hours battery life and 20gigs?
cool.gif

the Zen Touch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by justi
where can I find the cheapest prices for stuff like the go-vibe and IC and KSC-35s? thanks!

Go-Vibe can be found at http://www.headsave.com . cheap interconnects could be found at Radio Shack or other electronics store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back