Need some advice, some suggestion to select for a source component
Aug 26, 2014 at 8:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sarahkho

New Head-Fier
A little bit of background: I moved my entire music library to Google Cloud and basically I listen out of google cloud music using google player app. Most of the tracks that I bought after 2010 are Flac which are converted to 320 kbps .mp3 by google music and when I do playback it playback in 320 kbps.

So far I was using my phone and tablet to as a source component (playing music using Google Music and feed it to the DAC using USB  cable) but I am thinking on getting a more dedicated source.

I can download my entire library from Google Music and put it on a hard drive to connect to a possible source of if there are components that can read from Google Play Music/ Integrate with the API and playback as a source for a multi-layer system.

For sometime I was thinking about an old laptop or computer to act as a source but I thought maybe others had the same journey and I can get some information and advices from others on how to approach the subject.

Thanks.

Aug 26, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #2 of 2
  A little bit of background: I moved my entire music library to Google Cloud and basically I listen out of google cloud music using google player app. Most of the tracks that I bought after 2010 are Flac which are converted to 320 kbps .mp3 by google music and when I do playback it playback in 320 kbps.

So far I was using my phone and tablet to as a source component (playing music using Google Music and feed it to the DAC using USB  cable) but I am thinking on getting a more dedicated source.

I can download my entire library from Google Music and put it on a hard drive to connect to a possible source of if there are components that can read from Google Play Music/ Integrate with the API and playback as a source for a multi-layer system.

For sometime I was thinking about an old laptop or computer to act as a source but I thought maybe others had the same journey and I can get some information and advices from others on how to approach the subject.

How about a Digital Audio player that can store FLAC file on a Micro-SD card(s) and and can play FLAC files (like the FiiO X1 I'm testing right now).
All you would need to do is plug in your current headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back