Need some advice re: D2000 + other closed phones suggestions?
Jun 3, 2008 at 8:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Oya?

500+ Head-Fier
Hi HF,

I'm looking to buy a pair of Denons for home and class use. The latter is the reason why I'm doing so, the only pair of phones I have at current is a pair of MS-1s. I love them to bits but they do leak a lot. I'm having to push the volume down quite some ways because I don't want to disturb my classmates, as well so that they don't notice my recent musical explorations ('Battle Metal' lol).

I'm not going to be purchasing them locally, since they're about $700NZ, and I saw Amazon has them for $240US ex. shipping. Since shipping from US to NZ through Amazon is quite pricey I was wondering if anyone here could advise me any better options besides Amazon? In fact I'm not even sure if Amazon will ship them to NZ at all, I've tried to order some discounted phones/electronics from them in the past and they refused to ship them due to the low prices etc.

Also, I noticed that Denon has quite a strict warranty policy. I found their list of physical authorized dealers but no list of authorized online dealers, so if anyone could clue me in on this it would be appreciated.

On a final note, I'm actually open to any other closed phone suggestions. In fact I'm on a pretty tight budget and the Denons are sort of pushing it at the moment, but I don't know much about Technicas, Beyers etc. If it's of any help I normally listen to alternative, prog, new prog, post-punk and indie rock, but as I mentioned above I've recently found myself addicted to symphonic/power metal. What closed headphones are comparable to MS-1s? Lurking these forums in the past I think I noticed some discussion about the A700s.

Thanks very much for your time!

Jun 3, 2008 at 12:13 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by <GNEFF> killbot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
amazon.com wont ship them to you..

I guess I sort of expected that... and the non-Amazon sellers on there that sell them charge the standard price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by argentum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
www.pricejapan.com I checked how much it would cost to be shipped to NZ and the price quote using EMS as delivery firm ( DHL is a bit more pricier ) would be 386 NZD . PiceJapan has good reputation here .

Thanks, that would be an option, pricier but still the only one at the moment, will buying from there would null Denon's warranty though?

If anyone has opinions on Technicas, Beyers, Ultrasones... it would be appreciated as well, I can get those from Headphonic. I'm just not sure what model(s) are suitable.

Jun 3, 2008 at 12:20 PM Post #6 of 8
Jun 3, 2008 at 12:36 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4saken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Use Box Voyage - may your box have a pleasant trip for shipping. They're doing some site maintenance right now and not taking orders though. This way you should be able to get the Denons to NZ for about 260-270 US?

That's a very, very interesting idea. Actually I do have some family in Texas, that I could ask for help, but I was hoping I could just get it A to B. But thanks for the link, might drop them a line!

Quote:

Thanks for that, that's really cheap. At that sort of price I'm tempted to just grab it and not give a damn about the warranty...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back