Need some advice on shure headphone upgrade
Oct 3, 2007 at 12:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

frankcent

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, everyone,

I have not been on the forum for nearly two years because I was quite happy with my purchases and I had other things that kept me busy. Right now my second pair of shure e3 just died on me. I emailed the Canadian dealer for repair and they are offering me possible upgrade from my e3 to any new shure model if I top some cash for the difference in the retail prices. I am a student so top-of-the-line is out of my range. I really enjoyed the sound of the e3 and I am currently stuck with shure headphones due to the situation I mentioned above. With so many new models they have to offer, I just don't know which one to choose. I think they have some models with built-in microphone for cell phones. I am planning to buy an iPhone once it comes out in Canada and the compatibility with the iphone is one of my concerns too. Please give me some insights and advice and I really appreciate it.

thanks
frank

edited: I should have done some research before posting. I just looked over shure's website, it seems that 210 and 310 are just the updated versions of e3 and e3. and they come with detachable cables so I can get an iphone adapter. I will probably just focus on 210 and 310. Are they a lot better than the previous versions?

Oct 3, 2007 at 1:42 AM Post #2 of 4
I've read that there's very little difference between the 210 and 310 to justify the additional cost. Perhaps others may wish to chime in on the difference.

I realize this wasn't very helpful, but it did bump my post count.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 3, 2007 at 3:24 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

I just looked over shure's website, it seems that 210 and 310 are just the updated versions of e3 and e3.

I don't think thats very accurate. I'm under the assumption that the new models of shure are completely new IEMs (except the 530 which are identical to the 500s).

I've not listened to the new stuff at all, so I can't say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back