Need some advice on HD600 vs ...
Jul 31, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #17 of 18
i just tried the demo, is basically bass boost and lowering the treble peak, very simple thing to do manually in my opinion, i already did that, if you want i can give you the links to APO eq

Thanks...I have used APO (with the Peace gui add-on) with the 600's. I just couldn't quite nail it down with the 800. Sonarworks accomplished that for me. Using the gernic file, I did not send them in. Eventually want to send in my Sony Z1r's to see if they can be improved on. But want to put plenty of hours on them first....pretty happy with their sound at present, so no big hurry.

Bern

Aug 1, 2017 at 6:45 AM Post #18 of 18
So, got some listening time in yesterday.
I must say i'm more impressed than i would have thought. Especially in direct comparison to the DT770 the added extension in both the low and high end is unreal. The Beyer sounds compeltely muffled and unengaging in comparison. Currently, especially at higher volumes, the high end is a touch to much, but i feel a proper amp might make that better. I was a bit concerned because many say the lowend isn't as tight, but i'm really happy with it. Even with the fastest metal stuff i don't feel the bass loses it to much.
Also, i'm surprised how "easy" it is to drive. Even my Onboard audio is perfectly capable of pushing it to "high listening levels". Overall, i'm incredibly happy with that purchase!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back