Need some advice from you guys....
Jun 27, 2011 at 11:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jasonbishop73

New Head-Fier
So I'm a bit of a lurker but I need some help.  So here's the deal, I've had 3 hard surgeries and I spend a lot of time with my earbuds in so I can zone out the pain.  I listen to a lot of "space music" and the like, rock, blues etc..... thats not really important.  What is important is that I can use my earbuds while laying out in bed and trying to go to sleep.  Right now I've only got one pair of earbuds and they're the Ety Hf2's.  I love their sound but I hate using them.  I can't stand it digging into my  ear so deep.  So I've been trying to figure out what to try next.  I was planning on trading my hf2's for something else... I just don't know what.  I sleep a lot on my side so here's what I'd really like.  An earbud that I can use while laying down, ear to the pillow sometimes.

I was thinking originally of Panasonic hje900's but I'd like to hear if anyone else out there has any suggestions.  It seems like most earbuds will dig in deeper than I'd like.... what else can I do?

Jun 27, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #2 of 7

Quote:
So I'm a bit of a lurker but I need some help.  So here's the deal, I've had 3 hard surgeries and I spend a lot of time with my earbuds in so I can zone out the pain.  I listen to a lot of "space music" and the like, rock, blues etc..... thats not really important.  What is important is that I can use my earbuds while laying out in bed and trying to go to sleep.  Right now I've only got one pair of earbuds and they're the Ety Hf2's.  I love their sound but I hate using them.  I can't stand it digging into my  ear so deep.  So I've been trying to figure out what to try next.  I was planning on trading my hf2's for something else... I just don't know what.  I sleep a lot on my side so here's what I'd really like.  An earbud that I can use while laying down, ear to the pillow sometimes.

I was thinking originally of Panasonic hje900's but I'd like to hear if anyone else out there has any suggestions.  It seems like most earbuds will dig in deeper than I'd like.... what else can I do?

I'm into the same type of music you are, and sorry about your pain thing. It is wonderful that you have something that can boost your spirits or at a minimum help you cope.   I have Westones and Shures, but the Westones just about disappear and sit very flush with the ear. Now Westone UM3X Westone 3 W4? Maybe W2. The W's Vs the UM models the Nozzles are a little shorter. Hope this is a good starting place for you Good Luck

Jun 27, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
Are any of the basic sony earbuds worth it?  I see lots of their stuff going on sale lately but IDK about the quality.

The Cheap Sony's are great Cheapies Fontopia's I think. Had those before getting into high end

Users who are viewing this thread

Back