Need some advice form more experienced people!
Oct 28, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:
You may try Ipod classic+ rockbox, maybe also get a portable amp with your extra money

Try it without the rockbox... it's much more user-friendly unless you really want the EQ functions. Convert FLAC -> ALAC and done.

An amp is nice when you use your portable system somewhere quiet (SR80 is not really meant for on-the-road use being open and all), otherwise the iPod is just good enough. 
I did try an amp with my SR125 and while it did improve somewhat I just don't think it was worth the money and hassle for these headphones (better get an SR325i + model instead :wink:)

The IE8 may change this somewhat, but I have no experience there.

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #17 of 21
Thanks for your help and answers. I have bought an ipod classic 160gb for the same price as the C3 so no loss once i return the C3 as faulty. Resetting hasnt helped. Also the volume up button is now almost dead.

Oct 30, 2012 at 6:31 AM Post #18 of 21
Thanks for your help and answers. I have bought an ipod classic 160gb for the same price as the C3 so no loss once i return the C3 as faulty. Resetting hasnt helped. Also the volume up button is now almost dead.

Sorry to hear C3 didn't work out for you. I too have just been through similar with a pair of IEM's, sometimes we cannot escape a faulty item whether damage be shipping related or the manufacturer.

All the best.

Oct 30, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:
Sorry to hear C3 didn't work out for you. I too have just been through similar with a pair of IEM's, sometimes we cannot escape a faulty item whether damage be shipping related or the manufacturer.
All the best.

I know maybe I will look back into colorfly in the future when they have more products. Im loving the iPod classic at the moment. Going to buy an LOD and a portable amp. But Im not sure which one would be good for it. Any ideas?

Oct 30, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #20 of 21
I know maybe I will look back into colorfly in the future when they have more products. Im loving the iPod classic at the moment. Going to buy an LOD and a portable amp. But Im not sure which one would be good for it. Any ideas?

How much do you want to spend on your amp? Possibly FiiO E11.

If a right angle plug isn't absolute I recommend going for this LOD over L9.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-5-to-black-dock-for-ipod-iphone-headphone-amp-black-/270631955664?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item3f02ebecd0&_uhb=1

Here's a difference in thickness over the cheaper FiiO L9 LOD. Much fuller sound, = better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back