Need short (1'-2'), flexible, mini-to-RCA interconnect--what would be a solid choice?
Dec 22, 2006 at 12:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

tomjonesrocks

100+ Head-Fier
I have this huge 8' RCA-to-1/8 mini plug (3.5mm) monster cable connecting my Headfive to my MicroDAC right now and really need to get something else.

Most of my searches led me to good RCA-to-RCA interconnect suggestions--but a lot of dead ends for mini-to-RCAs. I'm sort of just looking for something solid without really going all-out.

I checked out Cobalt and it seems they don't make anything that terminates to mini. Blue Jeans sounds very interesting but I read their cables aren't that flexible and I have some tight turns to make--so was really hoping the Cobalts would work out. Magwires sound like a great bet--but I can't find them anywhere--do they even still make them?

So far the only thing I can find really from a company I read good things about is the signal cable analog mini (or silver mini, for double the cost):
http://signalcable.com/analogmini.html

This one is OK but it's actually at the top end in length I might want to buy--2' is going to be a bit long to go just from the front of my Headroom MicroDAC to the back of the Headfive. But this is all I have right now.

Is there anything else to consider?

Dec 22, 2006 at 12:31 AM Post #4 of 7
Are you wanting like a regular headphone jack to RCA? If you are just go to your local walmart they have some for $5 unless you want a very high quality which in IMHO doesn't make a difference.

Dec 22, 2006 at 4:45 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you sure? That link seems to work for me if I click or paste it. Anyone else having trouble?

Here's the main link (am referring to the silver or analog mini cable).
http://signalcable.com/specialty_cables.html

You link worked fine before. What is your budget and required length for the 1/8" - RCA cable? looking for a price or specific connectors and wires?
Maybe some right angle connectors are good for you.

Dec 22, 2006 at 6:10 AM Post #6 of 7
BlueJeans offers various cable types; some are more flexible than others. I can't remember which types they offer for mini-rca, but I'm sure that they would describe one of their offerings as "highly flexible". They might even be able to tell you if the cable is flexible enough based on a provided radius.

Dec 22, 2006 at 4:54 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by SayNoToPistons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You link worked fine before. What is your budget and required length for the 1/8" - RCA cable? looking for a price or specific connectors and wires?
Maybe some right angle connectors are good for you.

I guess budget max would be something like $40-$50. 1' would really be enough if the cord were flexible enough.

Perhaps I'll call Blue Jeans and discuss further if they *do* have flexible offerings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back