Need Senn PX100 Help (Static with Comp)
Sep 9, 2008 at 12:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

keyweez360

Head-Fier
Hey all--

Just got my Senn PX100s today, which are awesome but there's something I've noticed while using them: I'm getting a small amount of static when navigating my computer: Selecting an icon, opening something, clicking links, etc. Is this normal?

Any/all suggestions and help are appreciated.

Thanks!

Sep 9, 2008 at 1:53 AM Post #2 of 6
No. Is is the Windows sound scheme? the normal windows sound that occurs when you perform those exact funtions? Go to your control panel and select "no sounds" and see it that kills it.

Sep 9, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #3 of 6
I did a bit of reading around and found someone who had my exact problem. He was able to find that only the headphone jacks located on the front of the computer had the static issue, where as the headphone jacks in the back were fine. He and a few other posters concluded that it was just weak shielding on the wire to the front port(s). He said he tested this on more than 20 computers (school) to the same result.

However, it might be worth noting that my previous pair of headphones: Sony MDR-G42 didn't have this static (at least not as much?) when plugged into the front jack. Is it because the Sennheisers are better/clearer that the static is more pronounced?

I'll try your suggestion too Cerumenator.

Sep 9, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #4 of 6
The px100s are pretty sensitive headphones. This means that it needs less signal (turn the volume up a smaller amount) to get a desired listening volume.

Unfortunately, this also means that its noise floor is a lot higher. All that static and EM interference noise that was previously inaudible with less sensitive headphones will now be more apparent.

Sensitivity isn't a mark of sound quality though, as either end of the spectrum can sound really good with a decent source (low noise floor).

Sep 9, 2008 at 3:27 AM Post #5 of 6
YES... Turn OFF your PC beep.. and the Sound will go.

i had same problem on my bro's new Gaming comp...i realized it was just a matter of Sound settings . it has a Realtek Onboard soundcard.

Sep 9, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
YES... Turn OFF your PC beep.. and the Sound will go.

i had same problem on my bro's new Gaming comp...i realized it was just a matter of Sound settings . it has a Realtek Onboard soundcard.

Wait what do I do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back