Need remedial help with headphones & xbox360.
Dec 11, 2014 at 7:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

JJATL

New Head-Fier
So the kid is complaining about his turtle beach X32 wireless headset on his xbox360.  He says the mic quits working, and to me they sound like garbage.  I'm not crazy about replacing the batteries every 2-3 days either.

My thought was - lets quit wasting money on this crap, and get a real set of headphones.  So I bought him some v-moda M80's with the BoomPro mic as a christmas gift.

My question is how to set it up.  V-moda's website says a 3rd party adapter is required to use the BoomPro with the Xbox360, but doesn't elaborate about the kind of adapter.  Is this as simple as a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter?  Or do I need a splitter/adapter?

For amplification and volume control, I can give him my old Fiio E11 amp.  But I'm certain that would not work with the mic, unless I split out the mic from the headphones.

So - someone please point me in the right direction.  What adapter(s) do I need to get this working? 

thanks
JJ

Dec 14, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #4 of 4
No, wireless or cabled. Get whatever you like.

BUT

I believe the older models of the Mixamp do NOT work with Xbox Ones whatsoever. 

There's the Turtle Beach DSS2, but i don't have any experience with it myself, and it doesn't have a voice/ game sound mixer unlike the Mixamp. The Mixamp gives you all the cables you need, there's 4 in total, so it's kinda annoying but works!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back