Need recommentation for a closed headphone plug to PC directly
Jun 8, 2010 at 3:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

tomwu

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I'm new here. Want to find a close headphone just use sound card without amp.

Will listen to online radio at work and FLAC at home.

I was told Audio Technica is good for my situation. Yet also heard of it's tuned to play woman vocal only, and will get strange effect when playing piano(although I don't listen to classical often)

So any suggestions? Used A900/A900TI/A950LTD? Or some smaller one ESW9? Or any other brand/model with similar price range?

Any advise appreciated.

Tom

Jun 8, 2010 at 5:48 AM Post #2 of 8
I'd recommend HD25-1 - they works great unamped, are quite portable and do sound very good! if you want to go with AT's there are some nice deals at amazon right now.

Jun 8, 2010 at 7:17 AM Post #3 of 8
ESW9s are great work 'phones, and can be used at home as well :)

Jun 9, 2010 at 2:57 AM Post #7 of 8
A700. Cheap closed and efficient. Or maybe the M50 as alot of people suggest it but I only have experience with the A700 and its a great beginner cans.

Jun 9, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
BTW, are you using onboard or you have a soundcard? Which one? 

Well, in the office will be onboard sound card.
At home, I got a ancient SB Live!, don't know if it can be better than onboard card these days.

Quote:
A700. Cheap closed and efficient. Or maybe the M50 as alot of people suggest it but I only have experience with the A700 and its a great beginner cans.

I heard A900 is much better than A700 and A900LTD/A900Ti/A950LTD also improved a lot to A900. So my plan now is to get a used latter one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back