Need recommendations. Wireless headphones that can go wired if necessary. For PC use.
Dec 5, 2013 at 8:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Decessus

New Head-Fier
Hello everybody!

I've been reading the forums for a while and haven't quite found the information I'm looking for, so I decided to create a thread.

I'd like to introduce this by saying that I'm no audiophile. My current headphones are cheap 30-40$ Philips and I think they sound amazing. My playlist consists of youtube videos with average quality and I don't really care about getting decent quality mp3s or lossless audio files.

So, what I'm looking for is a pair of headphones (or headsets, but I won't be using the microphone) that are wireless but can go wired if necessary. I'll be using them only with my home desktop computer, which I use to play games while skyping with friends, watch tv series and movies, browse youtube, etc.

What's key here is that I don't want to have to switch batteries in the middle of a game for example. Or even worse - have to go out to buy new batteries in case I don't have some lying around. If batteries run low, I want to be able to quickly connect a charging cable and keep playing.

Good range is a plus, but I don't think I'll be leaving my room with them. Don't care about open/closed.

My price range is up to 200USD, maybe slightly above that.

G930s from Logitech are my current pick, but I'm not entirely satisfied they are good, that's why I'm searching for more information. Another option is getting a pair of Sennheiser RS 180s and when they are about to run out of batteries I just start using my current Philips headphones, but that wouldn't be optimal.

Anyway, I thank you in advance for your time and for any help you can give me ^_^

Dec 5, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #2 of 6
Anyway you could just use wired headphones, it's the easiest way.

Dec 5, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #3 of 6
The cord gets stuck under my chair too often. Sometimes it gets in the way of my mouse or keyboard. Sometimes it just gets on my nerves when it scratches my arms. I drop the headphone repeatedly because the wire gets stuck on something. I hate that thing.

I don't think I'll often need to use the wire on the wireless headphone, so I believe it's going to be worth having one, since the vast majority of the time I won't have that stupid wire bugging me.

Anyway, thank you for your answer :)

Dec 7, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #5 of 6
I think the UE9000 From Logitech are wireless [maybe Blu Tooth which is wire less ofc]

But I'm fairly certian they also have a wire. ALthough they are around $400 I think. A used or even open box pair might b ur best bet, 

Dec 7, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #6 of 6
  I think the UE9000 From Logitech are wireless [maybe Blu Tooth which is wire less ofc]

But I'm fairly certian they also have a wire. ALthough they are around $400 I think. A used or even open box pair might b ur best bet, 

hmmm, thanks. I'm not sure of how good bluetooth techonology is. I've read some stuff about it needing to compress the data, didn't seem amazing. Also, 400 too expensive :p

But thanks! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back