Need recommendations on building a medium-high end setup
May 31, 2020 at 3:25 AM Post #17 of 20
Just about LCDX. It is not bright, it is just brighter against other Audeze which is a good think in my opinion, I think LCDX are best tonally from thier colection and it is their only one reasonable headpone to consider. And big plus this is really one of the only few which is really easy drive headphone.

But today I would look elsewhere HiFiMAN, ZMF...

Last edited:
May 31, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #18 of 20
Just about LCDX. It is not bright, it is just brighter against other Audeze which is a good think in my opinion, I think LCDX are best tonally from thier colection and it is their only one reasonable headpone to consider. And big plus this is really one of the only few which is really easy drive headphone.

But today I would look elsewhere HiFiMAN, ZMF...
“Bright” is definitely relative and subjective, but I find them brighter than my Beyerdynamic DT770s, in the upper mids (which is not surprising), and also in the upper treble range.

Jun 10, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #19 of 20
From your list I think HD-800s would not be a good fit, if you’re considering Little Dot’s amp, why not go with the LD-X1. I know it is not a tube amp, but I think it’s actually the best amp you could get from Little Dot to match those cams. Hope it helps

Jul 9, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #20 of 20
Atticus=warm,with insane slam
Aeolus=warm,less slam(but still tons)more air,wider staging
Auteur=more neutral,fantastic mids,extra energy in the upper mids can bother some.
Verite open=crazy staging up/down/side to side and width. Holographic
Verite closed=takes the holographic staging of the VO and combines it with the dynamics of the Aeolus and the mids of the Auteur. Best headphone Ive ever heard.

Monster, hoping that you don't mind that I post this to the forum instead of PMing. So that I and others can benefit

1 Are you saying that the VC's mids are clearer and more forward than the VO's? If you could estimate a % difference, what would you say?

2 Which VC pads are you using and are you rolling specific tubes on GOTL that bring forth the mids/ vocals?

3. Can you recommend particular tubes that bring out vocals. I'll soon have a Feliks Echo OTL tube amp

I listen to a lot of music with female vocals and I've always felt the recessed mids were the VO's only slight disappointment. So much so that I'm taking the verite closed dive. My chain consists of Silkwood VO with BE2 pads + Forza Noir Hybrid cables to TT2/Mscaler. I don't tend to EQ.

Thanks for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back