Need recommendations for *very good* new portable headphones
Nov 11, 2011 at 2:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

negev

New Head-Fier
Hi,

Currently using the B&W P5s which i LOVE, the only problem I have is that after an entire day of use my ears hurt a bit.  I'm painfully tempted to buy the Ultrasone Edition 8s, which I can afford, but it's a lot of money to spend on headphones.

I know the P5s have a weird sound signature that some people don't like but I really dig them, I listen to a lot of weird psytrance music that's very intricate in the midrange so I guess the P5s just work for me.

I've looked around before and I couldn't find much between the P5s at £250 and the Ultrasones at well over £1000 that were good for portable use.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.  I've already had Bose QC15s and don't want to buy Bose again, so Bose is out for a start.

Must haves:

- over-ear
 - work well with an iphone and no headphone amp

Nice to have:

- iphone remote
 - not have a crazy long cable

Please help me not spend over a grand on headphones :)

-neg

Nov 11, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #2 of 8
Not familiar with the P5, but maybe look at the HD25-II or the TMA-1. Both will work great without an extra amp.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Nov 15, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
too late i ordered the edition 8s lol

Fantastic choice. Best sounding closed can on planet earth. Nice and portable. Small size. Out of this world build quality. 

Edit: Be sure to pop up on The Ultrasone Edition 8 thread over in full-size cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back