Need recommendations for speakers with 3.5mm input to be used with a Sansa Clip+
Jan 6, 2013 at 6:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TwoSongs

New Head-Fier
Although I use my Clip+ pretty much exclusively in outdoor scenarios, I recently stumbled upon a few use cases that would be better fulfilled by plugging it into a speaker dock. I would like something that does the Clip+ justice without breaking the bank, and that's pretty much the only requirement. Portability, chargeability, number of ports, etc, are all secondary to that. So, with that in mind, what would you recommend me to look at?

Jan 7, 2013 at 4:37 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:
Although I use my Clip+ pretty much exclusively in outdoor scenarios, I recently stumbled upon a few use cases that would be better fulfilled by plugging it into a speaker dock. I would like something that does the Clip+ justice without breaking the bank, and that's pretty much the only requirement. Portability, chargeability, number of ports, etc, are all secondary to that. So, with that in mind, what would you recommend me to look at?

Nothing that I know of.
The Clip+ doesn't have a line out, and it wasn't designed to be used with docks.

Jan 7, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #3 of 6
use cases? 
confused.gif

you could connect the clip+ to a pair of Audioengine A2's with the (supplied) mini cable, which will probably sound better than most docks. afaik, that's pretty much the only way you can connect the Clip+ to anything.

Jan 7, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #4 of 6
I have this cable and can use it to connect my Clip Zip (similar item) to my speaker amplifier or anything else that has a 3.5mm input:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/dayton-audio-3-5sc-6-3-5mm-stereo-male-to-male-cable-6-ft

Of course, there are plenty of other cable choices, but really all you should need is a cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back