Need Recommendations For Iphone/Ipad Compatible Headphones ($200 or Less)
Feb 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Maukey

500+ Head-Fier
Here are the details on what I'm looking for:

1) They must be comfortable for extended listening sessions.  These will be worn up to 8 hours a day at my job.

2) I prefer a Headphone that can handle all types of music except classical.  Needs great bass that doesn't interfere with the mids and background details.  So a large sound stage would be nice, atleast large for portable headphones.  I'm a musician(Drummer) that listens to all types of music and definitely want to be able to hear the mellow guitar in the background of a track.  If the producer sneezes in the background I want to hear it .  Okay, maybe that's a bit much for a portable headphone LOL.  Just know that I appreciate detail and accuracy.

3) Looks are important since I will be mainly using these away from home.  I have my share of full size, helicopter headphones so I don't need those for travel.

4) I guess some level of noise isolation both in and out would be nice since these will be used around others.

5) Please don't recommed IEMs.  I already have my share of those.

6). In case anyone isn't sure of what iphone compatible means, I want to be able to control the volume, play/pause, and track selection from the headphones.  So they should atleast include a cable that can do that.

That's pretty much it.

So far the only headphones I've seen are the Bose AE2i/OE2i, Soul by Ludacris SL150CB, Klipsch Image One, and the V-Moda M-80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back