Need recommendations for headphones shop, Upper West Side NY
Apr 7, 2012 at 7:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

uku383

New Head-Fier
Hey folks

My wife is heading over to the US in a few days and wants to check out and buy some cans. She travels a bit on planes and trains, so is thinking of noise-cancelling on-ears, but maybe I can convince her to find some space in her bags for me... :)

Anyway, can anyone recommend some good shops around that way?

Thanks heaps!

Apr 7, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #3 of 11
From personal experiance J&R in downtown manhattan on Chambers Street is an excellent place to find great headphones. They have a very flexible friendly return policy as well.

http://www.jr.com/

There is also B&H which i've heard good things about but have never been to.

Apr 9, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #6 of 11
A quick thanks to GLITCH3D and Hellbishop for the suggestions. We'll definitely check them out.
Any other suggestions? It seems like there's a bit of wider interest in this question.

Apr 9, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #7 of 11

Quote:
A quick thanks to GLITCH3D and Hellbishop for the suggestions. We'll definitely check them out.
Any other suggestions? It seems like there's a bit of wider interest in this question.

Your welcome uku383. Glad to be of help. You might also want to check out Best Buy which has been having some pretty good selections for at least a year already. They are more pricey though usually by ten to thirty dollars more of other places.

Apr 10, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #8 of 11
Check out Adorama also, located at 42 W 18th street. They have a large variety of headphones and if you don't see a certain pair outside, you can ask them to look it up to see if they have it in the back. When I was there, they had everything from Ultrasone to Sony to Audio-Technica to AKG. I believe they do also let you try them out.

This shop, J&R (near Ground Zero), and look up another shop called AC Gears - these are all great shops.

Apr 10, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #9 of 11
Sony Style is a fun place to check out Sony products. It is at 550 Madison Avenue, which I think is around 58th St.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back