Need recommendations for great budget earphones/portable headphones
May 30, 2018 at 8:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Gr0mit

New Head-Fier
(I previously posted this on the wrong category, so I'm posting it again here bc I don't know how to delete threads)

My second pair of SoundMAGIC E10Cs kinda broke on me (same issue as the first pair - right earphone started plugging and creating pressure in whatever ear I put it in), so I have, yet again, been going on a hunt for good budget earphones (portable headphones, preferably on-ear, will suffice as well).
I've mainly been looking at AKG's collection, which seems very promising to me.
Does anyone recommend buying a pair of AKG's? Which other great budget earphones/portable headphones would you recommend?

May 30, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #2 of 7
I think Sennheiser designed some amazing portable headphones such as HD4.40BT and HD4.50BTNC. They are wireless but too bad they are around ear. It is foldable. For on ear you can consider Y50BT from AKG. I think we need to know your preferred sound signature first before we give you more recommendations.

May 30, 2018 at 9:15 PM Post #3 of 7
I am a bit confused by your post. Are you looking at an IEM or an on-ear portable? If you are still looking at an IEM to replace your E10C, I would recommend a ZS10. I own both and I think he ZS10 is a step up in SQ. Build quality is pretty solid for the price-point. Worth a look, IMO.

May 30, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #4 of 7
(I previously posted this on the wrong category, so I'm posting it again here bc I don't know how to delete threads)

My second pair of SoundMAGIC E10Cs kinda broke on me (same issue as the first pair - right earphone started plugging and creating pressure in whatever ear I put it in), so I have, yet again, been going on a hunt for good budget earphones (portable headphones, preferably on-ear, will suffice as well).
I've mainly been looking at AKG's collection, which seems very promising to me.
Does anyone recommend buying a pair of AKG's? Which other great budget earphones/portable headphones would you recommend?
Audio Technica ATH-WS99 headphones
(buy used off eBay)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-Tech...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

May 31, 2018 at 8:09 AM Post #5 of 7
I am a bit confused by your post. Are you looking at an IEM or an on-ear portable? If you are still looking at an IEM to replace your E10C, I would recommend a ZS10. I own both and I think he ZS10 is a step up in SQ. Build quality is pretty solid for the price-point. Worth a look, IMO.
Sorry for the confusion. I've actually been looking at both, mainly portable on-ears, but I'm open to recommendations for both. The ZS10s do look promising, I'll give them more of a look.

I think Sennheiser designed some amazing portable headphones such as HD4.40BT and HD4.50BTNC. They are wireless but too bad they are around ear. It is foldable. For on ear you can consider Y50BT from AKG. I think we need to know your preferred sound signature first before we give you more recommendations.
I think I would prefer a sound signature quite similar to the E10Cs, since the sound of those was perfect for me.

May 31, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #6 of 7
Hifiman RE400 is not bargain basement but good value option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back