Need Recommendations for Good Triple Driver IEMS
Jul 15, 2014 at 4:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

DR650SE

500+ Head-Fier
Right now I'm looking at:

Shure SE535-CL
Westone UM 3X
Sony XBAH3

I listen to pretty much everything, Classical, Rock, Rap, Country, techno. I'm all over the place.

For the most part I like a slight bump in Treble. Not much of a bass head. I enjoy a fair amount of bass, but by no means a bass head.

I prefer to have removable cables for the purpose of longevity, and I'd like to be able to use a silver cable.

Right now I'm using Bose IE2s, which are great for working out, but I want a nicer pair for more listening enjoyment. Plus Bose IE2s are a little bass heavy or sound veiled to me

I would be using this with a 5.5G iMod, UHA 6S.MKII amp and Silver LOD. A setup with no DC blocking capacitors.

I'm looking for recommendations and if there are any other IEMs I should consider. ~$400 is where I want to keep the price. I know the Shure SE535 come in at around $438.00 on Amazon, but that would be the max I'd want to spend.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions, or guidance.

Thanks,
Dan

Jul 16, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #2 of 8
Just curious, does it have to absolutely be a triple driver?

I'd recommend the UM3X. The SE535 doesn't have the best kind of trebles.

Jul 16, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #3 of 8
Thanks, No it doesn't have to be triple driver, but I was looking at some of them because I figured with more dedicated drivers, it would result in a little more detail. If there are any other suggestions I will definately check them out.

Jul 17, 2014 at 5:38 AM Post #4 of 8
Oh, then try the UE900 too.

Jul 30, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #5 of 8
So I've been reading a lot of reviews that state that the treble isn't the best on the UM3X, nor is the sound stage. Is there anything out there similiar to the UM3X, but has better or more treble and soundstage?

Jul 30, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #6 of 8
Keep in mind I'm coming from Base IE2 ear buds. :/

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Jul 30, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #7 of 8
I would recommend the DN-1000 they have 3 speakers 2 armatures for mids and highs and a dynamic driver for lows. They come with rings to adjust the amount of air available to the bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back