Need recommendations for Custom In Ear Monitors
Feb 11, 2013 at 11:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Deathdeisel

500+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I find myself these days using IEMs more and more, and even with the foam tips, Im rather tired of fidgeting with my IEMs. So im hoping you guys could help me out. Im looking to spend some cash on CIEMs, and am hoping for a better result. Im looking firmly around the 300-450$ price range. Anything less seems too cheap, and anything more I cannot justify on something thats meant for on the go. 

Sound preference wise, I admit I do love my Lawton Tuned Denon D-5000s. I love heavy bass, sub bass, any kind. I also love sparkly highs. I listen to a ton of electronic and rock. Basically thats 95% of my music, heavy rock, rock, and most genres of electronic, dubstep, electro etc. Most likely will be either using them directly out of my phone or laptop most of the time, or E7 portable DAC/amp if they benefit enough. 

Ive looked at Average Joes Multi IEM review and he didnt have many of my price range models listed, and none of the brands and price range combined. Brand wise I have no preference, but I dont wanna worry about quality control, and customizing options would be nice as well. Nothing super fancy is needed but color for sure. 

If theres anything Ive missed please ask or let me know, thanks for your time, cheers, DD. 

Feb 12, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:
Hey guys,

I find myself these days using IEMs more and more, and even with the foam tips, Im rather tired of fidgeting with my IEMs. So im hoping you guys could help me out. Im looking to spend some cash on CIEMs, and am hoping for a better result. Im looking firmly around the 300-450$ price range. Anything less seems too cheap, and anything more I cannot justify on something thats meant for on the go. 

Sound preference wise, I admit I do love my Lawton Tuned Denon D-5000s. I love heavy bass, sub bass, any kind. I also love sparkly highs. I listen to a ton of electronic and rock. Basically thats 95% of my music, heavy rock, rock, and most genres of electronic, dubstep, electro etc. Most likely will be either using them directly out of my phone or laptop most of the time, or E7 portable DAC/amp if they benefit enough. 

Ive looked at Average Joes Multi IEM review and he didnt have many of my price range models listed, and none of the brands and price range combined. Brand wise I have no preference, but I dont wanna worry about quality control, and customizing options would be nice as well. Nothing super fancy is needed but color for sure. 

If theres anything Ive missed please ask or let me know, thanks for your time, cheers, DD. 

I don't have any experience on CIEM as I have none, but from the reviews, it seems that something like Cosmic Ears HY3 would be perfect for you, I think it is around $400 if I am not mistaken...

Feb 12, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

I don't have any experience on CIEM as I have none, but from the reviews, it seems that something like Cosmic Ears HY3 would be perfect for you, I think it is around $400 if I am not mistaken...

I took a look at them, the bass seems great, but the other sound qualities are important as well. Which I did not read great reviews of. Plus I do enjoy a bit of customization. However its great to see that manufactuers are lowering pricing for CIEMs. 
Quote:
The Heir Audio 4A, JH5pro, 1964 V3 are great buy under this budget.

The 4A is definitely out of my budget, however the 3.A is within. The JH5 is one of my higher contenders, love the customizing of them. And the 1964s are also in the top, as customization is great and ive heard good things about both brands. Im just curious if their sound signature is right for me. 

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #5 of 6
Would you guys agree with these impressions? 

1964 Ears Triple driver, V3 425$ (rather neutral, touch of midbass)

Heir Audio, 3 driver 3.A $450 (More quantifull bass than JH5, warm lush mids, laid back highs, engaging fun sound.)

JH Audio JH5 Pro $400 (Sparkly great highs, less bass quantity than 3.A) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back