Need recommendations for best IEM with great audio quality and amazing microphonics
Aug 14, 2015 at 9:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

hiphophead07

Head-Fier
Looking for a pair of IEMs great for talking in noisy areas.
Having trouble finding any information on forums that specifically targets a balance of both great microphonics and audio quality.

Need IEM to take business / personal calls. Currently own the Jaybird Blue Buds and the microphonics are not working well for me. Callers on other end claim they could hear all outside noise in transit / streets / etc.

Any suggestions ?

Aug 14, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #2 of 6
Have a look at the Klipsch x7i. I have various iems but use these when travelling. Never had a complaint when calling and receiving. SQ is very good but may have an initial problem getting a good seal.Their are a few treads around here for more detailed info.

Aug 14, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #4 of 6
In my experience, you will always get more ambient noise picked up through a separate mic vs. the built in phone microphone because the noise cancelling doesn't work as well with external mics.  Some mics may be better than others, but I think it depends more on the phone than the mic in the headset how much ambient noise is sent through the call.  Granted, some may have better handling of wind reduction, etc.  But the microphone is simply picking up sound and transmitting it through the system.  The phone has to decide what to actually send over the call.  

If you call quality is of utmost importance, a dedicated phone headset, preferably with a boom mic and built in noise cancelling would be your best bet.

Granted, I'm not an expert, so maybe I'm way off base (someone can correct me if I'm wrong).  But I have a feeling you could spend hundreds of dollars on a high end pair of IEMs and still find callers complain of the same ambient noise intrusion.  

Aug 14, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #5 of 6
What type of phone do you use...iphone, Android, Windows? Not all iems are fully compatible with every operating system. Just bear that in mind when choosing.

Aug 14, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #6 of 6
voxie - Will definitely look into Klipsch x7i, I'm using Android HTC M9.

Cel4145 - My budget is around $100-200

El Zilchio - Ah yes, I'm assuming the same, however, I'm hoping someone on this forum can point me to IEMs that match close to or similar to what you described as a dedicated phone headset. Which can isolate and hide most background noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back