Need recommendations for a third pair of headphones
Jun 17, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #16 of 19
Well doesn't say if it is ver 2 on Amozon so don't know for sure. Well got a bit of extra cash so I will take one for the home team. I bet it will be sent along but hey I'm going to give it a go,

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #17 of 19
I actually had a chance to try the DT770. To be honest I wasn't greatly impressed. Soundstage was lacking, as well as clarity. Are the HD600/650 or HE400I/S a big improvement from it or do I need to shell out more cash for a significant improvement?
The HD600 is a step sideways from the DT770. Their sound signatures and presentation are very different so I find it hard to compare them. It's very unlikely you'd be disappointed with the HD600; not many people dislike those headphones for good reason. It scales pretty well too. I upgraded to the Aeon which gives significant improvement across the board, but those are like 3 times the price. I've heard good things about Oppo's PM-3 but haven't heard them myself.

I don't know about the HD650 or HE400.

Jun 17, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #18 of 19
Tried to buy a pair of Monoprice Monoliths but the site was too screwed up to purchase so it is a no go for me. If thier site doesn't work after 3 tries then I say screw them. I put my name and address and what not three times and still was a no go so I don't think they have thier Schiit under control.

Jun 20, 2017 at 5:35 AM Post #19 of 19
I think my next pair will be planar magnetic, it looks interesting and unlike anything I have. Now I need to decide between:
Monolith M1060
HE400i
HE400s
or try to get the HE560 for $575 on ebay, if it's worth the extra cash

I tried looking for comparisons but the M1060 seem to be too for a consensus opinion to form. Some people claim they're better, some were very disappointed. I don't know what to think.
My priorities are:
1) not sibilant in vocals or treble
2) clarity and detail
3) lively and clear mids

I don't have specific preference for sound colour other than these three requirements. Any advice?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back