Need recommendations for a new Headphone.
May 25, 2020 at 6:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

VSTOLL

New Head-Fier
Hello guys,

So, I posted a thread recently that my HD660s died, the left side coil broken somehow. I'm really bummed but I really loved those headphones.

So, for now I'm using my WH-1000XM3, I managed to equalize it so have it sound as similar to the HD660s as possible (with incredible loss in detail, of course).

I'm trying to get the HD660s fixed with Sennheiser, but I don't know how long it'll be or how much it'll be.

I have a FiiO K3 at the moment, no plans to upgrade it.

I have 2 options.

Get a HD58x for R$2000 (it's brazilian currency, sorry. It's about 370USD) or a DT1990 PRO for R$3500 (about U$640). It's really expensive here in my country, specially now that our currency lost incredible value. Or any other headphone, but availability is really hard here.

There's also the ATH- AD900x for R$1900 here.

It's kinda sad paying this much on a HD58x, it's more than I paid on my 660s last year... the Beyer is expensier but is a different Headphone.

What I'm trying to avoid is a really bright headphone, I tried my old ATH-M50 after my HD660s died and I couldn't stand it anymore, the cymbals were literally hurting my ears.

Thanks!

Last edited:
May 25, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #2 of 3
If you're worried about bright headphones I don't think you'll want the 1990. The price you listed is a lot for a 58x but given that you like the 660s you're very likely to enjoy the 58x. You'll lose out on a bit of detail and speed, but the 58x does have more extended bass than the 660s. The ATH- AD900x is good also, but I'd probably take the 58x

Last edited:
May 25, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #3 of 3
If you're worried about bright headphones I don't think you'll want the 1990. The price you listed is a lot for a 58x but given that you like the 660s you're very likely to enjoy the 58x. You'll lose out on a bit of detail and speed, but the 58x does have more extended bass than the 660s. The ATH- AD900x is good also, but I'd probably take the 58x

Yeah, I know the prices are pretty high, but the only way to get it on a normal price is traveling to US and that's impossible now hahaha

I was wondering the DT1990 because I watch a lot of movies at night, and I know it has better soundstage and imaging than the 660s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back