Need recommendations for 2.1 speaker set
Apr 7, 2006 at 6:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Aptmunich

100+ Head-Fier
Hello fellow Head-fi'ers!

I need a decent 2.1. setup a la the Harmon Kardon Soundsticks II or the Logitech Z2300.

My regular amp lost its right channel quite a while ago and after 2 1/2 years mono sound due to scarce funds being spent entirely on headphones & iPods I've decided it's time to upgrade
smily_headphones1.gif

I recently received the Logitech Z2300 system which looks nice and has excellent detail and range in the upper frequencies (at least for me), has an insanely loud subwoofer but seems to be completely lacking in the midranges.

Crystal clarity, earth moving bass but no warmth in the mids...
Which is a pity cause I really want to like these speakers otherwise. Anyone have any experience with these? Is it just me? Do they need break-in? Can I eq them somehow?

Since they don't seem to be the set for me, I'm looking at alternatives.
So far I'm leaning towards the Harmon Kardon Soundsticks II.

Anyone else have any suggestions for a nice balanced 2.1. system in the 100-160€ price range?
Much apprecieated

Apr 7, 2006 at 8:39 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aptmunich
Hello fellow Head-fi'ers!

I need a decent 2.1. setup a la the Harmon Kardon Soundsticks II or the Logitech Z2300.

My regular amp lost its right channel quite a while ago and after 2 1/2 years mono sound due to scarce funds being spent entirely on headphones & iPods I've decided it's time to upgrade
smily_headphones1.gif

I recently received the Logitech Z2300 system which looks nice and has excellent detail and range in the upper frequencies (at least for me), has an insanely loud subwoofer but seems to be completely lacking in the midranges.

Crystal clarity, earth moving bass but no warmth in the mids...
Which is a pity cause I really want to like these speakers otherwise. Anyone have any experience with these? Is it just me? Do they need break-in? Can I eq them somehow?

Since they don't seem to be the set for me, I'm looking at alternatives.
So far I'm leaning towards the Harmon Kardon Soundsticks II.

Anyone else have any suggestions for a nice balanced 2.1. system in the 100-160€ price range?
Much apprecieated

I strongly recommends the Acoustic Energy Aego M 2.1 system.
Nothing comes close at around this price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back