NEED RECOMMENDATION : What portable rig in $200-$250 price range
Dec 28, 2006 at 11:16 AM Post #16 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_a /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Forgot to mention that I did try out YP-Z5 before when I bought it for my GF . I really liked everything about it. My SONY NWE405B had more bass however. I m just looking for a player with better or more BASS. \

And yeah, that Frontier LAB thingie ... will do more research abt it.

If you want even more bass, you might want to consider the Meizu M6. There's a couple of threads - from what I've been told, it has similar SQ to the Z5, but better bass.

Dec 28, 2006 at 2:05 PM Post #18 of 30
iAudio is known for their SQ from their DAPs. i recently got their tiny F2 and with my v-moda vibes this thing has plenty of bass and i'm not applying any DSP or EQ. bump up the EQ and they sound like IESs - In Ear Subwoofers.
basshead.gif
the F2 also has excellent blackground.

i also like creative's products for their SQ but my Zen Touch wasn't as quiet as my new F2. haven't heard the Vision M so can't comment there.

guess i'm suggesting to go with iAudio.
cool.gif

Dec 28, 2006 at 6:54 PM Post #19 of 30
I own an iaudio U3, It has great bass and are very customizable. However The Zune(I have one) has very clear sound with equalizer turned off, If your able to get a good deal on it then go for it. I can not comment on the Rio, but everyone here recommends it. The creative vision M is said to have very good sound quality so overall its up to your decision and which one do YOU feel you will like more.

CHoice i yours.

Dec 28, 2006 at 7:35 PM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

- My main question is that I want the RIG to have LOOOOOTS of BASSSSS
basshead.gif
So ...
1. Is there any MP3 player that doesnt't need an AMP.

Iriver IHP 120 / 140.

Dec 28, 2006 at 8:57 PM Post #23 of 30
Quote:

Ok, so now I ended up makin a poll and see how many votes each option gets. The competitors are :

- IAudio X5L
- IAudio U2 or U3 or F2
- Zune
- Iriver Clix or IHP 120 / 140
- Meizu M6
- Ria Karma

Whetever they will be, the results will be irrelevant because there are not many people having had the opportunity to compare these players in order to make an informed vote.

Dec 31, 2006 at 9:32 AM Post #27 of 30
The U3 is one tiny player that pumps out BIG sound.

Excellent sound quality. However If you ever decide on it becareful not to drop it as I did (it went down with high acceleration with ksc75's plugged in) and I messed up the left audio and had to send it back to cowon saying it was faulty.

Their fix only lasted about a month before it left again and then the second time i recieved it messed up 3 minutes later...proves to show how crappy their repairmen are. However They paid for shipping the last time around and I even wrote a letter in the box i shipped it in describing how crappy they were and when i recieved it Dec 26 lol They sent me a new one.

Got lucky there I tried bargaining for a new and no luck but hey they gave in.

Great overall player.

Dec 31, 2006 at 12:32 PM Post #28 of 30
Iaudio + AKG K81DJ.
Definitely no amp needed.
Loads of bass and very fine SQ and EQ from your player.
I personally use the X5 plus K81DJ (I tamed the bass a bit with a recable and dampening). I think it is just great.

Dec 31, 2006 at 9:28 PM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Iaudio + AKG K81DJ.
Definitely no amp needed.
Loads of bass and very fine SQ and EQ from your player.
I personally use the X5 plus K81DJ (I tamed the bass a bit with a recable and dampening). I think it is just great.

Yummy !!! Seems like that I have finaly decided to settle down with IAUDIO U3. I would have gotten X5 but didnt wanna pay extra fro HDD and video capabilities.

Thanks guyz ... IAUDIO U3 it is ... You guyz are great !!!!!
eggosmile.gif

Jan 1, 2007 at 7:58 AM Post #30 of 30
Borrowed a Rio Karma off a friend so I can hopefully experience this legendary DAP. The sound quality is very good, but two minor gripes. There's slight background noise and you hear slight interference whenever the backlight comes on (something I also experienced with my Creative MuVo V100). There is a good custom EQ (with 3 presets) but I don't think this is the basshead DAP you're looking for...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back