Need recommendation on portable MD...
Jul 2, 2002 at 12:35 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by BagMan
I currently have a MZ-EP11 and a stand alone recorder. I use the portable at the gym but it skips frequently. Cab anyone recommend a good player or recorder that is "skip proof". Cost is a factor.

Thanks to all.

The Ep11....i hated this unit, piece of junk. Mine died after 2 months of use, worst of all, it sounds like ****.

Bagman, you can't go wrong with any of the new units, you may also want to look into a deck if you have an old deck, like the JE320. I have a Type R deck and the sound quality is marvelous.

Magicthyse,

I'm always baffled by people describing Sony MD units as lacking in the sound quality department. I have the MZR50 and E75 player and they sound great, very crystal clear and drive my Sony 7506's and Grado headphones without any problems. In fact, my MD+headphones rival any discman+headphones i've tried.

Jul 2, 2002 at 12:38 PM Post #17 of 21
The ones you've had are fine. Try the N1/E501/etc and you will notice a difference.

Jul 2, 2002 at 2:48 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
I'm always baffled by people describing Sony MD units as lacking in the sound quality department. I have the MZR50 and E75 player and they sound great, very crystal clear and drive my Sony 7506's and Grado headphones without any problems. In fact, my MD+headphones rival any discman+headphones i've tried. [/B]

me too - i have an mzr900 and the ety er4p. the combo sounds great. admittedly, i don't do a lot of comparison, but you couldn't fault the sound for a portable set up i don't think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back