Need recommendation on Fiio DAP
Jan 25, 2015 at 11:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

melphoi

New Head-Fier
Hello.. This is my first post and I'm glad to be able to join this forum
I've been reading alot about Fiio X3 and X5 but still it confuse me to choose which one is best for my DAP in daily use
Currently I have my budget headphone Takstar HD2000
So.. should I take X5 to pair it with my HD2000 or get X3 + better IEM (since I cannot use headphone in my office) since the price differences is enough for me to get another IEM
Any help is appriciated :)
Thanks in advanced

Jan 25, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #2 of 6
hi , do u listen to ipod ? do u like it ? 
if u do , you will not like fiio .. 
fiio is dark .. and the bass is not punchy .. 
and its not for me though.. 
what is your player now ? 
you might consider to sell your takstar .. in that price ( a lil bit higher ) you can get better quality linear and good separation headphone

anyway .. i suggest u get a good headphone and pair it with your any source now .. 

and .. sound its matter of taste..

Jan 25, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #3 of 6
Currently I have none for my music player and..
I already sold my smartphone (LG G2) since I really like to music alot on it and of course the batteries wont last long..
And I prefer to have DAP rather than Smartphone..and sadly I never listen to any I-Device before :frowning2:
And about Fiio DAP, in many reviews that I read people said that the DAP could deliver good bass too, whether it punchy or not I cant say until I get one
Do you have any recommendation of any other DAP,mate ?
I used to listen to the detail of song, bass is not mandatory since I can add it manually to fit my preference :)

Jan 25, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #4 of 6
well . i sadly bought fiio x1 and then sat for a week .. and its just not for me..
again it has a boomy bass .. its low enough but it doesnt have a good kick ..
then again the mid and high does not have best clarity and separation .. but somehow in the soundstage area x1 define as an excel DAP
for me i get tire listen to it ..

as for my preferences iphone5s 
ill go to sandisk sansa sport / clip / zip (owned it )
i might have an upgrade to sony a15 ( havent try it , they said it has same sound signature of sansa but better ) 
color fly c3 ( havent try iut but it said , its a tottaly upgrade , more detailed , but a really2 ugly UI )

this DAP have a good clarity for all of spectrum , bright and it does produce punchy bass .. but the soundstage its a bit small ..
it works for me , because i like the sound feels like close to me.. 

oh .. someone said to me akg k 420 headphone + sansa sport its a match .. and it did .. its a beautiful pair  for a music genre

and if you have the budget , as you said your considering x3 and x5 .. you might look at ipod touch 4th gen 
it has wolfson chip and it is good for a versatile device.

ive tried the takstar hd2000 .. the bass is there but not low enough .. and separation is too crowded in the upper parts .. the sound is good enough but not detailed 

should try on hand mate :)

Jan 25, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #5 of 6
You should definitely upgrade your headphones and put less money toward the DAP. It makes little sense to pair $40 headphones with a $350 DAP for best SQ. In fact, the FiiO X1 and a good $200 pair of headphones could be your best choice with that budget, depending on the headphones (some headphones might need a stronger headphone amp).

Jan 25, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #6 of 6
I would also say go with the X1 ot is my first better music player and i have to say i like it quite a lot ^^ also there will.be a new X3 somewhere this year and if the price will be around the same spot as the old one you coild get it and some kind of decent headphones for 150$ like the ATH m50 ( headphone+ X3k would be roughly the price of the X5) and be happy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back